Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Dougy
Casual Contributor

Dizziness, globus sensation

Hi all, after a long road that started with breathlessness last August through to November when chest pains,dizziness and globus started, I've finally been medicated for anxiety after numerous tests on heart and brain. Really struggling to get out and about and now understand why. Any tips , help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Dizziness, globus sensation

Hey there @Dougy ,

Great to have you reach out on the community here.

Anxiety manifests itself in so many different ways. Have you found the medication to help?

Sometimes, working with a therapist to work through anxiety can make a huge difference. From my experience, working with a psychologist really helped with helping me practice deep breathing. I resented the practice at first, but after many sessions, it finally clicked and it's made a huge difference to my anxiety. Nowadays, I find myself practicing it regularly to help with more stressful situations.

I'm interested to hear what you have tried.

Hey @Dougy ,

How are you going? I was thinking of you and wanted to see how things are for you.

Hope you are okay.

Thanks for checking in, much appreciated. Still not the best but have good days here and there. Back to see the doctor tomorrow to talk through what's been happening and go from there. Globus and light headedness in particular are still the big issues for me and struggling to do anything normal like supermarket shopping 

Hi @Dougy 

I understand where you are coming from, I used to think I was a social person but last year for some reason I would get anxious going into stores, I would have shortness of breath and my heart would be thumping like mad- felt really out of control. Went to GP and was prescribed with mediation and breathing excercises @tyme -- and they actually work, I also say to myself "the customer is always right and i am the customer!!" -- so I kinda feel empowered now.

The best of luck, try the breathing exercises and go out there and shop!!

Big Hugs

Hey @Asgard @Thanks for the kind words and glad to hear it's working for you. Was there any specific breathing exercises you recommend. I've looked a few up on line, but wasn't sure what you and others might be gaining the most benefit from.

Take care 

Hi @Dougy 

Hope this finds ye well.  The one exercise that has worked for me is

• Take a deep breath for 6 seconds
  • Hold it for 6 seconds
  • Exhale for 6 seconds
  • and repeat.

Its very simple but your energy is being focussed on your breathing, and I found that I am a lot calmer this.

The other trick that I use is just wrap a soggy cloth around your head and just breath in and out through the cloth.  Your temp comes down and it just seems to work.

Give it a go - it might work  🙂

@Asgard , thank you:ok_hand:

Hi @Dougy 

Always welcome

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance