Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Exo's Exposé

For the first time, in I think it could be years, I went out yesterday afternoon & started weeding a garden I have . . . well, it's not a garden anymore - it's a giant weed pit, a rainforest of tall grasses 🙂 I don't know if I'll get anymore done, I don't know where the umph to do it came from, I not complaining. I think because I've finally packed the gazebo away & feel happy with what I've decided to do with it - I wanted to play another game 😉 Mowing's done & it's going to stay that way for a while, the house is tidy enough & I have enough wood to keep us warm for a bit {if it ever decides to get cool enough to burn it!}. I think the temperature has been pretty perfect for a bit now 🙂 Though it's been very cloudy which means swapping solar systems over on a regular basis, lucky I built the second one hey 😉 I'm forming a definite plan on where I want to go for the next camp trip - it's a pretty big plan for me, 3 different destinations, a full week in total; considering 3 nights is the longest I've managed so far. But I want to go further down the country, my last trip to the beach was a little too far for me to travel in one go - I need to make a stop-over. If I make a stop-over on the way there, I've realized I'll have to make a stop-over on the way back - I don't want to unpack everything just to pack it back up the very next day, so I've decided I'll stay 2 nights at the stop-overs {I've picked 2 different spots to stop}, so there's 4 days right there . . . record broken just getting there & back! I want to stay 3 nights at the spot I've chosen, which is a couple/few hours further down than the beach I went to last . . . 1 full week - that'd be a goal achieved 😄 

Love to all that need or want it Heart

MazyHeart @Mazarita  @eth  @outlander  @greenpea  @Sophia1  @Zoe7 Heart @Teej 

Hi @Exoplanet   I think half the fun is in the planning and the sense of freedom you must get when choosing where to go.  Your next trip sounds excellent.  And ambitious.  Best wishes for making it happen.  Have a good day xx

@Exoplanet  Hi Exoplanet trip is sounding like a wonderful adventure! The pups will love it 🙂 I think you are very brave but I know that you take all the precautions that you need to which is great. Cannot wait to hear how it all pans out. :Dxxxx

Hello Everyone 🙂

It's getting a little cooler here, the Guru is even promising a bit of firebox weather next week 😉 I've got a plan as to where I want to go camping, but I have my doubts . . . perhaps I should be going the other way - I've noticed one of the spots I'm looking at visiting is going into the negitives! But I guess cool is what I'm after, actually what I'm after is finding a spot further down the country that's cooler in Summer. More to the point, what I'm after is different, something different from my backyard, a change in my daily routine, a bump in the blur. I guess my blur is safe, but it is a little limited. 

I got a text from a sibling during the time I was trying to get onto the Telecross program {that didn't respond after I asked if they could call me}, so I let them know I'd like a regular text about once a week, explaining I was worried about the dogs being stuck behind 2 sets of locked gates & 2 dog proof fences, with no way out - if something happened to me noone would know. I've recieved 2 messages since then. 

Everything feels like it's going in slow motion, like I'm stuck in some sort of limbo, I think I'm bored shirtless, I think that's why I go camping .  . . 

MazyHeart @Mazarita  @eth  @greenpea  @outlander  @Sophia1  @CheerBear  @Teej  @Zoe7 

@Exoplanet  Hi Exoplanet and good morning! Camping is an adventure. I can see you with your puppies venturing into the wilds 😄 I love hearing about your travels when you take off into the unknown. I think it is great. Love greenpeaxx

If camping is a good outlet for you then that is great @Exoplanet Heart

Hello Mazy Heart @Mazarita  🙂 I'm wondering if you'll be back soon. I'm thinking of going camping next week, though I haven't booked anywhere yet. I've been playing with packing, put the roof rack bag together yesterday & even drew a map of how to make everything fit in there 🙂 I have food & clothes packed & I have had both the Gazebos up to get an idea how I'll set things in place. This trip, which only gets me down to mid NSW is going to take me a week! I'm thinking this might be my last Winter trip, winter is the best season to be at home . . . it's not hot 😉 If I want to go further down the country, which I do, I want to go to the bottom of Victoria . . . I want to go to Tasmania, but I'm trying to be realistic about my limits - it might take me a week or more just to get there . . . I want to spend a week at my destination after a trip like that. So, I'm thinking instead of a week each season, I'll go for a fortnight in early Spring & late Summer. Hell, while I'm riding this 'packing high', I might throw in a couple of short trips to local spots during Autumn & Winter to break up the boredom 😄 I'm a little worried that I haven't booked, because that way it remains not quite real - do I really want to go? Am I biting off more than I can chew? I've been doing the weather watch & one of the destinations that I'm intending to go to has gotten as low as -5, that certainly would be experiencing cold, almost as cold as it's ever gotten at home (-6) 😉 it's a little odd as it's a mid-way destination, the one of the way back, & it's the most inland - though I think most people are aware the desert gets very cold at night, especially in Winter. I think I do want to go, I think I'm bored, camping is really the only thing I do that's different. So today I think I'll do some emailing, to the 3 destinations I'm thinking of visiting, with enquiries about the weather & if there should be good 2WD access & of corse, as is always the way, making sure my 2 puppies will be welcome 😉 

@eth  @greenpea  @Zoe7 Heart @outlander  @Teej  @CheerBear  @Sophia1  

Love to you too @Exoplanet   I just had 3 days in the bush where it was pretty cold at night too.  Luckily I now have the use of a small caravan instead of my little tent I used to use.  It makes so much difference getting into a cozy bed that's not on the ground.  And not having to set up and pack down.    There were 12 people up at the farm this weekend including a few kids - nice crowd and I didn't need to withdraw as much as I often have in the past.  It's bro and sil's community farm and up near the Barringtons - absolutely gorgeous country.   It was a working be and we finished building a wall and I did lots of weeding.   It's nice going to the same place in different seasons.  And it was safe weather to have quite a large outdoor fire, which I always love.

Thanks again for continuing to tag me - I always love to hear about your planned adventures.

@Exoplanet  Hi Exoplanet your trip is sounding more and more epic :D. Good on you girl. Can you take some photos of your travels along the way and post them as you go along? I love seeing and hearing about how it is all going for you and of course am slightly envious (in a good way that is :)). Love greenpeaxxx

I've chickened out of the big trip, I think I've done so because I've made the first destination a lot more real by booking it! That led to me really re-thinking whether cold, wet weather was the time for me to be trying to do the biggest camp trip, the furthest away, I've done for many, many years - in fact, by myself, it would be the biggest & farthest I'd ever gone . . . I've decided I don't want to freeze through that & I can still do the bigger trip in a couple of months when it's a bit warmer 😉 Just like the only person that stops me going camping is me, the only person that pushes me into difficult situations is me. So I'm compromising with me, I've sent a message to the first & now only destination, asking if it's not too cold & wet & I'd like to stay another night, can I book while I'm there? If I can't I may book it before I go, because that's something I have noticed, I like having a second day to rest my body before I start climbing up on the car, pulling down tents & carting crates & cases, to pack back up. In fact I think that may be more of why I've chickened out, not the cold & the wet but the packing & re-packing. I'm older, I have an arthritic condition - this week or so that I've been playing packing, my body's already starting to ache. I remember the feeling of awe when I woke at my first 'new wake-up' spot, though I only stayed 1 night & I was actually ill with anxiety through that night. It led to more camp trips, it fed my dreams of going further & I have, I've been further in different directions since that first trip 🙂 I have seen 1/2 dozen 'new spots'. There is a part of me that feels I'm failing, but I choose to believe in the part that feels I'm being realistic about my limits & averting a disaster that might stop my camping dreams in their tracks. 

Love to all that need or want itHeart

MazyHeart @Mazarita  @eth  @greenpea  @Zoe7  @outlander  @CheerBear  @Teej @Sophia1 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance