Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

Thanks for the check-in @Zoe7 .  Reading along, but running late for class so can’t write much and have to go again - sorry it’s another fly-by .....

Hugs ❣️🦋

Former-Member
Not applicable

Good morning @Zoe7 that was lovely of the vet to send thru a pic of Cat. 6am here, so 9am there .. any progress reports yet on how she was overnight or how she is now?

Hi @Faith-and-Hope  Yes 3 hour time difference while visiting over here. Seems really odd actually .. Ha ha .. like living in a time warp. And sleep all over the shop .. though pretty normal for me I guess.

Visited FiL yday .. Very frail, but in good spirits. Was very happy to see his eldest son, my hubby. Spent an hour or more chatting with him at the nursing home.

Then off to the hospital to see BiL. Some better news there than what we had been getting. They had moved him from ICU to a resusc ward. His kidneys remain shut down and is being dialysed daily. They are concerned sbout his heart and lungs too, and the possibility of blood clots. He was semi aware though and seemed to drift in and out of consciousness. He appeared to recognise us during his lucid moments. They had finally arranged for a MH team to assess him. Its possible he may have gone off his Bipolar meds. He usually has weekly injections, which hes been having for many years. But there was some talk about a recent change by his local mh pro. He isnt able to tell anyone himself, and A dont seem to be talking to B at this stage. Hoping they can all get on the dame page soon and work out what to do. And then to determine if there is a chance of recovery. At least now there seems to be a glimmer of hope, which did not exist 2 days ago.

My husband is struggling all round ... emotionally, mentally and physically. The flight over was tough too .. altitude seemed to increase the pressure in his head, causing extreme headaches and dizziness. He has another spt with neurologist in large regional hospital in December. This is to review the ongoing brain and pituitary gland inflamation which seems to be whats causing all this. But thats still a long way away and hes said numerous times that he cannot put up with it any more. So hard for me, but so much harder for him. He told me a few weeks ago, when he got really down, that if he knew what his anti-cancer immuno treatment would do .. that he would not have agreed to it. But he also knows that without it, he would not be alive today. His feelings change daily, depending on his mood and how he feels any given day.

My nocturnal habits are difficult while staying with other people in their home. I see its taken me over half an hr to type this up on my little mobile. So slow. Its now almost 7am, and time for hubbys second round of meds for the morning. I best get moving.

Sherry

@Faith-and-Hope No need to be sorry for a fly-by - just knowing you are around when you can be is enough Hon. ...and last night you sat with me for ages which was so much appreciated - it really help me get through the evening and feeling less anxious having that support - so thank you so much for being her for me Heart I'll let you know as soon as I know how your niece is today 😺💕

@Meowmy Hope your day is a good one Hon. Love getting your messages - always makes me smile Smiley Very HappyHeart

@BlueBay So lovely of you to check in BB. I am doing okay this morning. I figure no news is good news as thinking positively that Cat can make it through this. I hope work is easy for you and you can get home, go for your walk and have some time to yourself. Heart

@Former-Member The time difference would certainly be adding to your sleep issues. It takes time to adjust even when it is just a few hours. Get rest when you can Hon.

It was great to read some more positive news abut BIL - it is still not great news but there is that little bit of hope now Smiley Happy Good also to read FIL is in good spirits - that is positive too. No doubt he is frail with his age but lovely that hubby could spend so much time with him.

It is not great news about hubby either - so much to have to deal with for both of you, Is there any possibility of trying to get an appointment earlier with the neurologist? I know they are not easy to get but maybe worth a try with hubby's ongoing symptoms.

zIt is certainly hard on you to see him go through ll this Hon so hope you are doing things for yourself also. Much love to you and some hugs from both me and Toby Heart

@Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @Former-Member @BlueBay @Meowmy @Snowie @Shaz51 @Exoplanet @Sans911 @Maggie @Angels333 @Former-Member @CheerBear @Teej @Flying_Hams @oceangirl @Adge @outlander and anyone I have missed...

Just received a call from the vet and it is good news. Cat is not only awake but in the vet's words 'nearly taking her hand off to eat the chicken she was giving her'. She is so surprised how alert and hungry she is after so little time after surgery. It was even suggested that she may be able to come home this afternoon. She still needs meds of course and we are still in the danger zone so I would be happier if she stayed until tomorrow to just make sure she has gotten through these couple of days. I am going to go in and see her this afternoon and we can make that decision then. I need to get some things sorted out at home and a cage to have her in for the next 2 weeks so thinking it may be best to leave her there until tomorrow morning. Feeling very relieved - as you could all imagine. I feel my baby is going to be okay - she is a little fighter Heart

@Zoe7 thats good news re Cat. You have done good work. Hope you can enjoy your day. Take care.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Your good news about Cat just made my day a little bit less sad and overwhelming @Zoe7 . Thank you.

Happy tears 😂

Sherry 💜👍

Oh Hon that is lovely of you with all that you are dealing with @Former-Member Sitting with you sweetheart. Take it one step at a time today. WIll very much be thinking of you 💐😘

Fly-by ....

🎉🎉🎉 @Zoe7  .... ❣️

💜💐💕 @Former-Member .....

@Sans911 💜💐💕 ..... is in your current town @Former-Member , and I dare say on similar sleep patterns.

I hope the good news continues @Zoe7  🤞🏼🙏😘💜

@Zoe7  You are both fighters. Soooooooooooooo pleased to hear Cat is doing so well.

Lots of incoming thoughts and 💕💕💕💕💕💜💜💜💜💕💜💕💜💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance