Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Zoe7
Community Guide

Happy New Year 2024

As has been the tradition for several years - let's get the party started early with a forums NYE party.

NYE 2023.jpg

Instead of new year's resolutions, let's describe one thing (or more if you want to) that made us smile or made a difference in our lives this past year. I will start - the ongoing love of my fur babies, the smiles and laughter with my kids at school each day, the growth I have seen in so many fellow forum members and the love/support/connection we have for each other in this amazing community.

Your turn: @Faith-and-Hope @Shaz51 @Snowie @Eve7 @ShiningStar @Judi9877 @outlander @Anastasia @Emelia8 @TAB @Adge @TheVorticon @saturnzoon @Sans911 @tonys @Appleblossom @StuF @Meowmy @Glisten @greenpea @Historylover @chibam @Oaktree @tyme @hanami @Melbcoffeesnob @Jynx @SmilingGecko @Birdofparadise8 @Blackbird11 @RiverSeal @EternalFlower @Bow @Jlol @NatureLover @Dimity @Captain24 @Clawde @Healandlove @Determined @Krishna @LeChuck @LostAngel @creative_writer 

@Shaz51 You are so much better than me at tagging - please add others here for me ❤️ and all those who can think of others - please add them also.

187 REPLIES 187

Re: Happy New Year 2024

Happy New Years to you @Zoe7  and all!!! I'm going to wimp out of tagging, I'd only end up missing heaps of peoples

I have many things to be grateful for this year, but my weekly mindfulness group and the community on this site have certainly made a positive difference. So thank you all

Bring on 2024!

Hey @Zoe7 and the Forums community!

I have been coming out this year to my friends and work as transfeminine and I started transitioning socially in November in my personal life and with SANE and the other organisations I work with. There have been many challenges with myself and family, but I have found so much support from work, my friends and people I know around places. I may be transitioning socially full time very soon and saying goodbye to by to my boy mode that I'm used to and that others are used to seeing. It's very exciting!! 🏳️‍⚧️

Happy New Year! 

Take care

RiverSeal ❤️

I miss heaps of people too @StuF that is why we love (one of many reasons) our wonderful forums sister @Shaz51 because she is sooo much better at it.

Great to have you join us and lovely to hear of the things that you are grateful for.

@RiverSeal That is a really BIG deal and I am so happy for you. It takes such courage and strength to open up to others and be your authentic self. Hold on to the wonderful people in your life that encourage and support you - and also us here - you are certainly amongst friends ❤️

Thank you, @Zoe7! ❤️

I’m grateful to have a grandson and a fur baby to love

Thanks for the tag @Zoe7 💕

2023 has been a difficult year for me as I recovered from 3 major spinal surgeries at the end of 2022.

So I see it as a year of recovery and renewal in a way.  My recovery has been long and is ongoing, with post surgery rehab continuing.  But what has made a huge difference to me, is the fact that the surgeries has dramatically reduced the pain I had been suffering for many years.  I need to keep working on it, and the surgeries leave me with some lifetime limitations, but I am eternally grateful that I am no longer in agony on a daily basis.  I can now actually live my life again, to a pretty normal degree.  To anyone experiencing constant severe pain, I know you can understand what this means.

So for me, that is what has made the greatest difference in my life during 2023.

The second thing has been a change of home.  I sold my large home on 3 acres (that I shared with my husband until his death in 2021) in the middle of 2022, and rented a small unit in town for 10 months while looking for a new home to buy. This worked well while I was undergoing my 3 surgeries.  I spent over 4 months in hospital throughout 2022, which is a lot.  So certainly no time for caring for a large home, or 3 acres.  So really I had no choice other than to sell that home.  Anyway this year, in July, I finally found a new home to buy.  So I am now settled and very happy in this new home.

All I need now is to find a new furbaby, and that is my number one priority for 2024.  Definitely something to look forward to.  And I have a perfect home, just waiting for my new puppy or dog, whichever the case may be.

Emelia

I'll get this in early while the chewing gum is still holding the  NBN  wires together.  

You are all such very special and beautiful people.  I so hope that all your hearts prevail.

Someone needs my  laptop  so

Rather than a ton of tags,    I'll   just say  all  the soft,  thoughtful n peaceful folk on Sane,

As happy a new year as is possible to you,            and the world...                              tonys

I have a great grandson….this was a shock at first but I am absolutely besotted. Granddaughter is finishing her law degree as a new mummy and appears determined. I am on the babysitting roster which will be fun.

My friends at Sane are my lifeline so thank you all for your kindhearted support throughout the year and I look forward to catching up with you in 2024….I actually have something to look forward to….a river cruise in 2025!

Lots of love 🩵💙🩵

Thank you for the invite @Zoe7 and Happy new year to everyone as for me well recent times have been dificult but lets see if I can think of things maybe earlier this year ,Laughing with Family thats sefinitely one of the top things of the year,personally I would say not being afraid to just be myself ,to live life my way in a peacefull sense away from unnessary drama thats definetly been a big one this year um what else ,of course Love and affection of partner ,refocussing what my life goals are or least starting to have a sense of direction there in terms of my choices about a career ,I would even say this years kind of been educational yet challenging and overall a test of patience,determinination and perserverence ,as for new years plans whats everyone doing? Im at home and its definetly going to be a quiet one and no alcohol ,just a quiet night with snacks and always like to watch the sydney fireworks on tv ,might cook sausages for dinner ,am bit low on cash so no splurging this new years on anything too fancy that will have to wait till pay day at least but yeah its a quiet one this year ,maybe ill be able to stay up till midnight who knows lately ive liked getting extra sleep ,might just drink cordial and eat twisties and whatever leftover christmas snacks I can manage to find in the pantry or freezer stay safe everyone and have a happy new year and to anyone feeling lonely ,just reach out on forums I get that this time of year can feel bitter sweet LostAngel signing off but may be back a little later

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance