Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

emg_1
Contributor

I am back!

It has been 9 months since I have been on here.

I couldn't be here and access this community as I finally got up the courage to run away from my abusive partner.  The run took me to New Zealand where I have been living since Feburary.   It was a scary journey that has helped me grow, change and develop skills I never thought would be possible for me to have.  

I contacted SANE one particularly bad night over there asking/ begging to be able to come back to this community, my community.  I wasn't able to (completely fair enough, I was in another country!).  

I have now moved back to Victoria and I am excited to be able to rejoin you all! 

TO those I don't know, Hello 🙂 

To those I disapeared on, I am so sorry, I didn't want to abandon you.  I just needed to do something for me and that something saved my life. 

xox

5 REPLIES 5

Re: I am back!

Hi @emg_1  pleased to meet you.  Welcome back to the forums.  Sounds like you made a brave change that has worked out well for you.  I moved interstate for similar reasons and my life has gone from strength to strength also.  It takes courage to start afresh so well done!

@emg_1  Hi emg_1 welcome back!:D. Always great to see see people come back to the forum!xxxx

welcome back @emg_1 HeartHeart

Welcome back @emg_1 🙂 What a huge journey you've been on over the last 9 months ❤
Former-Member
Not applicable

AgedColorlessAnemonecrab-size_restricted.gif

well_done_animation_smilie.gif

Welcome Back @emg_1  (is that short from emerge lol)  you are  certainly emerging from that horrible treatment, well done!  Its so hard to get out - I know. Stay strong! Keep us posted 💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance