Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

tyme
Community Lead

MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS MONTH: Australia, Let's Talk (October 2023) - for Carers

October is Mental Health Awareness Month, and the theme this year is:

“Australia, Let's Talk" 🗣

Complex mental health conversations are important in connecting us all, inspiring hope, breaking down stigma, and creating social change.

Throughout the month, SANE has a range of activities, events and insightful discussions for you to engage in, including:

🤝        Participate in community conversations – right here, on this Forums thread!

📖        Be inspired by personal experiences and insights

💬        Hear from mental health experts and advocates

🗣        Have your say in what matters to you 

🧘‍♀️     Explore a range of self-care practices

So stay tuned to this thread and SANE’s social channels across the month of October, to join these conversations, gain knowledge and strategies, and help reduce the stigma surrounding mental health. 

Together, we can make a difference. 

@hanami @Jupiter @Jynx @amber22 @fluffylight @PizzaMondo @Bon_courage @Ilovepenguins @MissLil @Blackbird11 @Shaz51 @outlander @Eve7 @Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope @Flying_Hams @Anastasia @NatureLover @Judi9877 @wellwellwellnez @RiverSeal @BPDSurvivor 

43 REPLIES 43

Re: MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS MONTH: Australia, Let's Talk (October 2023) - for Carers

Thanks @tyme I am looking forward to engaging and connecting 😁

Re: MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS MONTH: Australia, Let's Talk (October 2023) - for Carers

Welcome to the first day of Mental Health Awareness Month:

Australia, Let's Talk!

We will be posting a topic/question every few days. Hope you will be able to join us in talking all things Mental Health!

Our first question for carers:

As a Friend, Family or Carer, if you could give one piece of advice to

your loved one about mental health, what would it be?

@hanami @Jupiter @Jynx @amber22 @fluffylight @PizzaMondo @Bon_courage @Ilovepenguins @MissLil @Blackbird11 @Shaz51 @outlander @Eve7 @Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope @Flying_Hams @Anastasia @NatureLover @Judi9877 @wellwellwellnez @RiverSeal @BPDSurvivor 

@Meowmy @TAB @StuF @Smiling_Gecko @Bill16 @WIP @Appleblossom @EternalFlower @Laura4 @L-mm7 @magpie4 @StanD @creative_writer @Captain24 @Snowie 

Hello @tyme , @Blackbird11 

Aww that is a question 🤔

@Krishna , @Determined , @Smc , , @Jacques , @hanami 

I would say

Let them know they are not their condition. They are more than the condition and are very important and very loved just as they are.

@tyme , @Blackbird11 

I would say and I have said I love just the way you are 

Thank you everyone who has so far contributed to this discussion for Friends, Family and Carers.

Here is our second prompt as part of this discussion:

Share a book, movie, or song that has had a positive impact on your relationship with your loved one and explain why.

@Meowmy @TAB @StuF @Smiling_Gecko @Bill16 @WIP @Appleblossom @EternalFlower @Laura4 @L-mm7 @magpie4 @StanD @creative_writer @Captain24 @Snowie @puzzlingdino @Snowie 

@tyme my greatest advice to anyone with mental health conditions would be seek help as soon as possible, the longer you leave it the harder it is to recover. as someone who has had mental health issues for 30+ years and never seeked help my life could have been so so different.

Sunscreen by Ira wolf

The song explains a love that is unconditional and taking care of the small things in life 💚

Lovely @Blackbird11 ! Thanks for sharing!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance