Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Need to get stuff off my mind, any ideas here?

I can't stop having bad intrusive thoughts, overthinking, etc. I try to browse all of the forums including this social spaces part to find stuff to get my mind off things.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Anything social to do on here - list movies, games, anything?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Need to get stuff off my mind, any ideas here?

I have come on here too for similar-like reasons. Have you considered instead of avoiding confronting any issue related thoughts by writting them down on paper and destroying it as an option (a way to let go. Or you can keep it locked away. Or alternatively paint or sculpt the symbolism). I use to do SuDoKu to help my mind uncluged. Ivr heard others  say the same about other types of puzzles. It makes different parts of the brain work overpowering the thoughts you wish to escape. 

@GeminiLion no I haven't tried either of those. My thoughts get bad and triggering so I'm  not sure I could do that, not good with maths so would suck at Sudoko or however you spell it. Thanks though

@Former-Member I have been into LEGO since COVID, really enjoying it. Quite a mindful and distracting activity. If you can get your hands on some I recommend - even organising olds sets is fun for me although admittedly I am a nerd!

Also you're obviously into music - try reorganising your collection or search for new artists that might relate to ones you like e.g. you mentioned Matchbox 20, maybe look up Rob's influences and go down that rabbit hole. Cheers you push through

Thanks @Bezak482 . I used to have Lego when I was a kid but that was the old Lego, with the big  blocks. Not sure if I still have it.

yeah I know some of Rob's influences, thanks

"you WILL push through"

@Former-Member do you like colouring, Kmart has some great stuff for that if you don't have anything. I noticed you like a lot of the pictures, maybe do one and post your own. You could do one online/colouring app if you don't currently have any books/pens/pencils.

Yes I like colouring in, might do that soon, don't know. I have a few colouring books and pencils. I have Happy Colour, a free Colour By Numbers app on my iPad. Thanks for the suggestion @The-red-centaur 

Hi @musicfanatic-x
yep, I'm browsing too 🙂

Probably can't mention this, but I found a site that does have games on it, simple sorts of ones.
I was seeking companions years ago, as opposed to dating site, and that's exactly what I came across.
I find it good to have people to chat with. Unlike dating sites, anyone can chat with anyone, and there are forums where you can play games or pass comment...as anonymously as you like.

This post might get deleted, but hey, anything's worth a try 🙂

@BlueBells thanks, I'm not interested in dating sites but I'll do a search later for games, etc

This was an old random thread, I regret posting any of my posts let alone this one

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance