Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Night Shift

Before 15 no stereo at home and only ABC National on radio. Corrupting gf into DP & AC also liked Elvis which I thought was a joke. She hated Bay City Rollers and Daryl Braithwaite and Abba.  She was the most protective female in an environment where gangs are mentioned on wiki and I had had my head kicked in once. ...eye roll

At the same time I was playing the organ for church and doing Weddings. "We;ve Only  Just Begun"  Its a skewed intro to modern pop music.  At Church a popular girl liked Neil Diamond.  So I got to hear lots of that.

Woman Happy

I remember Lola by the Kinks cos a gf lil bro always played it.

Smiley Happy

First heard Let it Be when visiting farm I used to work on for  Legacy holidays and they were wanting to perform it and sing it. So they showed it to me on the music and I joined in, but I did not have a sense of the style.

So I knew Of TheBeatles ... I also did not make judgements about the music. Mum and I played classical music at home. Not at a high level. Only from music she got at TrashnTreasure. We had piano before fridge. Mum also a bit Sz.

... Then I left home at 16 .. most people I met apart from aunt into Boz Scaggs. were way past the Beatles ... so I did not really check them out until step daughter bought Complete Beatles book for my son ... and family work slowed up circa 2010!  Then I nicked his book and worked my thru it and recognised lots from random radio moments in other people's houses & cars.

Its Ok I guess ... easy to play.. catchy tunes.

Loved Kinks hate Neil Diamond also got face kicked in literally maybe 1978 new town new school too good looking too smart too well weird ok its anxiety/low self esteem these days. Short fat little psychopath decided he would try where others had failed re kicking. Was at drive in. Was hassled and hit by his bigger older mates in lead up. I could wrestle maybe I wasn’t a fighter technically couldn’t throw a punch worth anything would have needed an explanation of how to do it. Anyway one minute was inside circle taking coat off then I was on the ground on my own. My face was a so swollen plus 2 monstrous black eyes. Parents said nothing I stayed in room Of course it was obvious.. they said nothing. My nose well is still broken. Took me 2 weeks to leave house. Ok not a big challenge @Appleblossom I’m not into violence but I don’t back down

I used to like Ledo re boz .. um yeah situational songs alice in chains 90s start me up stones 80s re events/places ok brain dead. Also no tv til 12. Books. I was blessed by that. Then father would say only 1hr per day re tv . Well he was probably more worried about power usage but he was still pretty much an animal most of the time while growing up just non verbal angry for days on end, physical punishment for things that wouldn’t have meant anything to an Australian for example he really was a piece of work not a father at all yet scared cowed somehow despite physical strength he was/is nuts. Ok the War. His life became dollars and cents and saving on lowest possible wage because he didn’t dare try up his lot well except thru investments think he has hidden a lot about his real life even though he blabs bits and pieces to sister he approves of. @Appleblossom

Children in the playground ... eye roll ... are not always as innocent as they could be.

Stuff like that happens. @TAB

After it when someone said there were judo classes in the hall. I did judo.  I also felt good visiting my mother and sibs in my leathers later and zip off out of the place on my bile.  It was a way of standing tall.

Its horrible what that idiot war did to people on both sides. @TAB  Blunted sensitivities and made them driven.  He was tight and controlling with it.

My kicked in head event was about 1973. I was 13.  

I was glad to have books too.

Smiley Happy

Our tv arrival came with interest as someone gave as a broken one and encouraged my brother to work out how to fix it etc.

I spent a lot of time doing something to the back of it while he fiddled around with this and that.

The main issue for me was that "children" at school would always laugh at me when I did not know what they were talking about.  By the time tv was entrenched in home I was spreading my wings. I was often out nights working etc.

Zip off leathers? Were you Catwoman @Appleblossom

lol Not then. @TAB

Being an old lady who loves cats is a very different style to Catwoman.

Smiley Happy

Was that a language thing re laughing? I was picked as odd person out age 5 lol I really regret school esp primary school it was terrible re people having to put up with them etc getting in trouble ... blah I used to join in ‘tv games’ like lets play Lost in Space. And I only saw it couple times a year at others places lol @Appleblossom

Say it ain’t so @Appleblossom re cats lol
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance