Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

greenpea
Senior Contributor

TV shows, movies etc that helped shaped you

Hi everyone dont know how I came onto this but found a tv show from the 80s called The Equalizer with Edward Woodward (swoon!) .... anyway it really affected me growing up the music, the content of the show was very disturbing and menacing yet brilliant. Was wondering if anyone of my vintage remembered it and if there were others who also had movies and tv shows that helped to shape them for better or worse. Love to all peaxx

17 REPLIES 17

Re: TV shows, movies etc that helped shaped you

@greenpea I vaguely remember that show being on. There was a movie on when I was a kid that has always haunted me - I can't remember the name of it but one scene has always stuck in my mind - it was someone coming in through the window and all your saw was his shoes - cannot see those shoes to this day - and the really weird thing is as a kid I had exactly the same shoes ...maybe that is why it scared me so much.

@Zoe7  o0o0o0o0ooo.... just picturing the scene of the shoes coming through the window in my mind..... yes that would be scary particularly having the same shoes..... strange coincidence.

Pretty sure I would have been scared by it either way @greenpea but the shoes were the clincher Smiley Surprised

@greenpea wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g87nDBIyqeU

Man, that dude looks like an aged Daniel Craig... even has the brooding glare downpat.Smiley Surprised

For me, #1 piece of media that helped shape me has got to be The Simpsons. More then any other TV show or movie, The Simpsons gave me hope (probably false hope) that life, and people - including myself - can be worthwhile. The Simpsons gave me a dream to chase and heroes to look up to.

@Zoe7 wrote:

There was a movie on when I was a kid that has always haunted me - I can't remember the name of it but one scene has always stuck in my mind - it was someone coming in through the window and all your saw was his shoes - cannot see those shoes to this day - and the really weird thing is as a kid I had exactly the same shoes ...maybe that is why it scared me so much.

@Zoe7OMG! Don't get me started on creepy intruder stuff! When I was a really little kid, I used to watch Australia's Most Wanted - with those realistic re-enactments of real-life murders featuring creepy intruders in balaklavas...

My god, the nightmares I used to have... Smiley Surprised

I could imagine @chibam Some of those shows are very graffic and the re-enactments are very realistic. I could not have watched them as a child but I love them now.

Try and find As Common as Muck was on around late 90s Edward Woodward was a garbo @greenpea Was good show

@TABs wow never heard of it!:o will definately look it up tyvm

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance