Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: The Beer Garden

Hi @Former-Member 😊💕
It's almost sleepy time for me.
Has your weekend been ok?
I don't think I'll be on here much longer, sorry. I've had a very emotionally draining weekend.

@Former-Member 

❤️💕

Former-Member
Not applicable

That's strange. There was a message from @Faith-and-Hope. I typed a reply, it disappeared.
💕💗💙
Nighty night everyone. 😴💕💗
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Former-Member

Its almost bed time for me too. I hope you have a good week and able to ground yourself a bit more. Perhaps a beach walk and swim. Take Care Smiley Happy Heart

Hi @Former-Member ..... yes, it seems to have disappeared ..... 

I sent you a goodnight with a ❤️💕 On one thread, and just a ❤️💕 on another thread .... in any case, both are here now on this post ..... 😊

I am sorry it has been a bit of a gruelling weekend for you, but we are proud of how you sized up to that wedding anyway ..... and I wish you a speedy recovery of your equilibrium again in the aftermath .....

Rest well @Former-Member ..... the emotional work is as tiring as any physical labour ..... that was how I fell asleep so quickly this evening .... I know.

❤️💕

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Former-Member 💗 I hope your week goes well. Chat soon. xo

Thanks for your kind message Faith-and-Hope 😙

I really hope that your week is less busy and that you get the rest you need. You need a pamper. xo

This morning I felt like I woke from a really bad nightmare (my weekend). I don't want a repeat of that again. I can't believe I spent all those years trying to please all those people and let them use me. I still feel very fragile, so I'm going to try and sleep now. 😴
Thanks for being there. You are a lovely friend.

Thankyou to everyone else that helped me through the horror weekend.

New week, new start. 😙👍❤❤
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Faith-and-Hope 😊💕
I forgot the @

WTG @Former-Member ...... turn the page .....

When I looked back on my early in-law issues, I can't believe how gullible and naive I was .... but you know what ? That was my integrity at the time ..... I knew no better than to be selfless and giving ..... that was all I had been exposed to in a family setting.

My life experience to that date had taught me to out my guard up in a school setting, and boarding school .... but that the odd bad-tempered bank clerk or someone you came across randomly must be having a bad day, or had trouble at home or something .....

I had great friends too. It seemed in fathomable that people could make a sport out of one-up-manship with their nearest and supposedly, dearest .....

Now I can "read the room" far more easily, and as emotional a time as it was, I think you will find that is what you were doing at the wedding ..... "reading the room" and seeing the people in a different light, from a different angle ..... and you had your daughter with you, who loves you, and can also "read the room" in her own right.

You may feel a degree of humiliation at how you had unwittingly allowed them to treat you .... I still do at times ..... but that can result in humbleness that overly-proud people don't possess ..... an I would like to think I function with a humbleness rather than arrogance. Try to chalk it up to making you a better person .... find the positive ..... every coin has two sides .....

🌷
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone. 💕
Does anyone have any helpful hints on how to stop negative thoughts (caused by seeing people on weekend) from hurts disappointments etc from people?
Trying all I know to do. Mindfulness, deep breathing, distraction, trying to change thoughts.
Finding it really difficult. I want to move on.

Thanks again for lovely message @Faith-and-Hope. I don't have time to reply now, sorry. Super busy afternoon. 😯💗
Former-Member
Not applicable

Having a quick coffee break, picked up a Golden Gaytime while filling the car with petrol.

Anyone need a coffee/tea?  Smiley HappyHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance