Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: With coffee .... without coffee. A place for us coffee lovers and coffee!

hi @Gazza75 hope your working day is going well. I can't believe you work full time, so many work hours.

It's good you're getting your car done, you drive long distances to the farm so you gotta be safe. It's always a pain in the butt but just one of those things.

It's lovely to hear you're having a few thoughts about the future and possible travel. I'm really excited for you! I think that's a really good sign that you're doing so well with your recovery and the withdrawl process. Are you thinking about anywhere in particular yet or is it just a general feeling? I went on a road trip in the US years ago, around San Fran, the sequoias and Yosemite, Utah & Salt Lake City.

I've got loads of shifts for next week now so am just resting & enjoying my freedom. Yeah, we've rescheduled the winery trip for a few weeks away so that's nice, fingers crossed I don't get a shift on that day. It's tricky giving a whole month's notice in advance of my availability to my employer. I want to be busy but don't tend to have social plans in place until the week before, plus the pay is better on the weekends so that's attractive.

How did all you meetings go, & your appointment with your psychologist?

That would be cool if your ankle is better enough to hike. I might hike tomorrow as my weekend is full with social stuff, will try to take some pics.

The resilience training sounds interesting. Anything inspiring jump out at you? I dont' think you'll falter, I think you were just overwhelmed with multiple, extremely difficult stresses last year that most people couldn't cope with. You've learned a lot and have made an amazing recovery & are super high functioning and doing all the right things every day to keep improving in the future. I think you can't see the forest for the trees cos you're in your life but from where I'm sitting you're making excellent progress.

I totally get the results thing. I need instant gratification! I think thats why I hike, cos I feel like I'm getting somewhere, covering distance, whereas working out I'm in the one spot. I'm sure your health is improving - it's hard to see cardio health and lean muscle development, you need tests for that. 

Hope the rest of your arvo behaves itself & if you head off to the gym good on you, every bit helps. Cat Happy

Hi @BryanaCamp ,

Day is going pretty well.  I had a pretty big meeting today, but, managed to get through it okay.  My direct manager attended which I was a little surprised about.  A lot of us work remotely so its a bit 'funny' doing it through video conferencing.  

I agree with the car, its just one of those things.  I am looking forward to getting out bush again soon though 🙂

I've been thinking about some adventuring for quite sometime.  I like fishing quite a bit so I would enjoy doing that while travelling about.  It's really just a general feeling right now.  I'm tossing up between overseas and local travel.  Your road trip in the USA sounds amazing, Utah was one of the places that really took my breath away.  I always thought those old western shows/movies were a little fake in regard to the backdrops, turns out I was wrong about that.

I'm glad you have lots of shifts next week.  It's nice that you have some down time between now and then.  One of the good parts of being casual!    They must be happy with the work you are doing!!  Are you at a lot of different branches or just a few?   I'm really pleased for you!  It's a bit tricky with the weekends, pay along with being social.  

I must confess I have a picture of you dragging little wippa snappa's around with you while your working away 😛  At my usual library they sometimes they outnumber the adults by a long way.  I've never had one perform an attachment manouver on Me though!

My appointment with psychologist wasn't as good as usual.  I'm not sure if she wasn't as prepared as she normally is or something.  I had to repeat some of the events I'd been through over the last 14 months or so.  She was understanding, but, we didn't really set any goals or plans like we often do.  I have another catch-up scheduled a lot sooner than normal so maybe she sensed it wasn't particularly productive for Me.

I hope you can get out  and enjoy a good hike tomorrow or as soon as you are able to.  I might try and do one myself this weekend if the ankle holds up alright.  I think it should, touch wood.  

There's a few small practical things I'm going to try with the resilience seminars I've been watching.  Keeping a gratitude diary for a while, reviewing after each week.  The idea is to write down 3 things that you are greatful for each day.  It can be small like having a coffee from shop or bigger stuff.  The other is around setting goals and how to attain them.  I did write a fair bit about the original session I attended on a thread somewhere if you want me to try and tag you into it for a read.

I understand about the gratification and hiking.  Its just hard to hit the hills every day aftr work especially when the days are as short as they are now.  The highlight for me with gym and working out is when I get a massage every now and then, i don't feel all that sore, but, once they start on Me, its like holy sh1t!  🙂

I'll be off to the gym again this arvo.  I've been trying to get in 20 or 30 minutes on the bike as a warm up and going from there. 

Hope you have a lovely evening and dinner 🙂  Thanks for taking the time to respond to Me as always !

Take care

images.jpg

Yay @Former-Member , we can cross off another one! 🙂

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa it is friday afternoon @Former-Member , @LadyleahRDBloom , @Gazza75 , @BryanaCamp , @Maggie 

Hi @Gazza75 ,

yay you've made it to the end of the working week & it's the weekend!

Fishing is a wonderful passion, my uncle spoke so fondly of it & was a nature lover. You get to be at one with a water-way, get into a meditative state, patiently wait for a bite and then to cap it all off you get to eat something fresh & delicious! Very Zen, or mindful? I would never have the attention span for it. That's a terrific stepping stone to travel for you, though I'm sure you'd enjoy lots of things about travel. I just love the food & ordering food & drinks in a new language is a thrill. I thought it was the bees knees to order dos cervezas in Spain.

I just got my monthly roster from my 2nd employer and it's woefully empty. I'm shocked at how few shifts I've got, especially since I got some positive feedback from my boss there. Its 4 branches are not far from home so I was prioritising it in my schedule but boy, not much. I'm glad the other employer has lots of shifts on offer, I'll prioritise them in future even tho it's a lot of travel. Yeah, I'm across 2 branches for my shifts next week, I like both. Thanks for taking an interst in my job, I hope it doesn't sound too banal. I really appreciate your support. Yes the kids are cute! We're supposed to tell them, "walking not running," but I can't bring myself to do it, I find their excitement infectious, I feel excited cos they're excited.

Well done on your big meeting. Not easy, good job. Give yourself a pat on the back for that one. My sister does a lot of conference calls, she's a corporate person like you, I've never done it. I'm sure your manager was well impressed with your work.

That's a bit crap your psychologist wasn't in good form, it sh*ts me when I have to remind my pdoc of my abusive mother yet again. They get paid a high hourly rate so should be firing but I guess everyone has their low moments. It's terrific that you're going & have the next appointment scheduled soon. I know men are taught it's bad to express & talk about emotions (I don't actually 'get it' but appreciate it on an intellectual level) and that can compound mental & physicial health issues & neglect. So it's terribly important and healthy that you have someone you can confide in and trust with your inner most thoughts. Let's hope the next appointment is more forward-looking and helpful. 

I had a great hike, will post on the fitness thread.

Yes, definitely tag me on your resilience/goals thread, I'd love to read.

That's awesome you're biking too at the gym. Great warm up, go Gazza! With the email do you mean the gym can tell you how far you've cycled? good motivation info, I like to know distances.

Found that quote for you. Here comes the library nerd in me..."Progress. Although it's important to measure your progress, try not to focus too much on the scales. Your body can be changing significantly yet your weight can stay the same. This is because you're gaining lean muscle and losing fat. Taking photos and looking at your overall shape is a better way to see your progress". Just one opinion but hopefully of some use to you.

have a good night & thanks heaps for your message, it cheers me up & helps me feel strong & relevant Cat Happy

Hi @Former-Member , thanks for the laugh, you have a great sense of humour. I only work casual so only have intermittent need for strong coffees but I had a long black today - hmm, quite bitter, especially the creammer/cremmer?? (help me out here coffee lovers, the lovely dark foam that comes atop a long black) - it definitely hit the spot as I had to make cat food from scratch. Quite a mission what with the grinder, bone removal, portioning & what-not.

What's your favourite coffee @Former-Member ? Do you do the long black deed, are you working?

Hi @Shaz51 , @Maggie , @Former-Member , @Gazza75 and all on the thread, I hope you're looking forward to a lovely weekend. I'm considering investing in some Rooibos tea, perhaps controverisal I know but good for a low caffeine option, I like it with milk even though I think it's traditionally served black.

@BryanaCamp  I had to look it up, the rooibos tea. Lots of benefits. I’m not a tea drinker, but looks like worth a try. Some taste awful, but then, so do some coffees.

I hope you enjoy your week end. 

@BryanaCamp

Long black (French press aka plunger coffee) is my usual brew with sugar. I buy beans and manually grind them. Occasionally I will treat myself to 300g Armanti  brand "Dutch chocolate" coffee blend coffee beans which I mix with 1 kg of regular espresso beans - it adds a certain "je and said quoi" 😀.

I don't venture to the LE side too often as I am a carer - I support  my husband (BPii + more) and work part time, he is on DSP. We have a dog. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance