Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Word for the Day - Comfort or Play

Cows are so cute @TAB @Owlunar
We have alot where we are though i havent seen them for abit as they rotate their paddocks and half is being cut off for building purposes (grrr) but wr usually feed them and show the younger kids how to feed them some hay. They tend to squeal and shy away when they realise how big their tounges are or if they gwt licked lol.

@Owlunaron the adjoining property they have a bull but he is really friendly. The people who own him hand reared him. He comes over for scratches on the head and moos at you. Hes actually quite timid for a bulk and he doesnt mind you being near his girls either. Theres often the people who own the property and their mates walking or riding in amongst them. Not a care in the world that fella.
But ive know a nasty bull where ive had to do many jumps over the fence or dives under the gate to get to safety.

dont think bulls have much interest in cows unless they are on heat @Owlunar@outlander lol ok we only had females, males got sold, and were visitors when wanted more calves. just too much trouble breaking fences down etc

I guess it depends on the cow/bull @TAB the one i know is placid all yr round doesnt matter the season.

well these ones were usually Aberdeen Anguses not very placid @outlander we used to breed them with milkers  and sell offspring

I was trying to be delicate @TAB - pretty sure the cows were on heat and that's why the bull was there and why he was so angry

Where I grew up - and when - the small farmers had their own stud - and he was kept near the house unless he was out to impregnate the appropriate females

I used to visit the farms with Dad and one day I saw the ewes all had little lambs but I needed to ask when the stud was and he was up the side of the house resting in the sun - and he was so old I was astounded

The farmer saw I was puzzled and told me - "In most places he would have been retired but he only had a few ewes and the ram still made good lambs - no competition but the still works"

Okay - I was always visiting the kids on those small farms - I liked it that the studs were all in very safe paddocks

Dec

ok sorry @Owlunar 

Thanks @TAB

I know a lot of dairy farmers use Artificial Insemination to impregnate their cows now but in NZ I have relatives with a big dairy farm and they have - wait for it - 50 bulls

Things vary from time to time and place to place and size to size - and - he he I know a bull when I see one - 

Dec

hey guys im in need of some suggestions for word/s of the day so i can keep this thread running. im starting to run out if ideas! with the suggestions if theres more than one i put them in a hat with the suggestions and draw one out each day 😄 so share away, i havent done a word for the day today but am in need for tomorrow and the coming days!

PLEASE SHARE YOUR IDEAS 😄

@utopia @greenpea @Mazarita @Appleblossom @Former-Member @greenpea @eth @Exoplanet @Razzle.

@outlander Hi outlander hmmm ... all I can think of right now are emotions like happy, sad, angry ..... yep that is me done for the moment. I will put my thinking cap on and try and come up with some more clever words than those Smiley Wink

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance