Re: All Things Sport...

@Glisten 

Bit confused: does your cousin go for Brisbane?

@StuF morning. now Iā€™m confused.

No. She is a Swans šŸ¦¢ supporter, like you.

Did Brisbane win?

@Glisten 

Brisbane spanked the Swans

120-60

Morning all šŸ’—

Congrats to all the Bris Lions supporters out there. I know there are a few of you. šŸ˜Š. Your team were way too good and spanked my poor Swannies in yesterday's GF. The GF as a spectacle was a disappointment to say the least.

Though I wasn't confident of a win, I did expect a competitive show from my Swans boys. Sadly we did not get that at all.  They submitted meekly to a far superior Lions team who completely outplayed them on the day.  Swans were outcoached, outplayed, outclassed and were left in the wake of a rampant Lions outfit. The Swans simply had no answers to a well drilled Bris team who played exceptionally well.

Swans just couldn't seem to get their hands on the ball. When they did, they bombed it into their fwd line and lost possession. Their stars barely saw the ball all match. 

So at the end of the day, it was a well deserved win by the Bris Lions.

Swans will be left scratching their heads wondering where it all went wrong, or what more they could have done.  Soooo disappointing. And I feel devastated for the players and the real baked on supporters. Swans have been here too many times since their last premiership in 2012. Not sure what the answer is. Maybe need a good forward?  Got their good ruckman last year, and that helped to get them to the GF, but no premiership.

Feeling very flat today.

The NRL GF next weekend is a very predictable Melbourne vs Penrith.

@StuF @TAB @Glisten @ENKELI @Zoe7 @Judi9877 

like when they played Port last ? @Emelia8  something def up there, okay with both of those teams lol

@Emelia8 

They were pretty rubbish. To the extent (in the context of all the other losses over the years) my mate is contemplating not renewing his membership next year...he's been a member since 97

I'm sure he will renew, but he's/we are annoyed that you back them to the hilt each season, they play some awesome footy...but their worst footy is Really bad. And we go to basically all the home games (and my mate organises our group which sometimes numbers around 20...which is awesome fun with the way seating is a shambles), pay too much to eat and drink...and fork out extras if they make the finals (I won't say what our Prelim tickets cost!) and yet it is too close to being a certainty that they will fall short. Again

End rant! lol

Yes, the same @TAB.. Their best is great, their worst is barely forgivable for a professional outfit.

Oh @StuF  I really do feel for you šŸ„ŗ

My husband was a long term member, dating back to before they moved to Sydney. We used to love going to their home games in Sydney. Sadly, when they perform like they did yesterday, it would make you think twice about continuing membership. It doesn't come cheap, being a member, or getting to matches. 

Yeah, an exhibition like that does feel a bit like a slap in the face @Emelia8 

You don't expect them to perfect all the time. Nor win all the time. But at least Compete. Losing that game is made a thousand times worse by the manner in which it was lost

yeah Im not a proper fan, I carry on when Port lose badly and unexpectedly. think a lot of this is due to media BS, eg w port, all year they said they were rubbish, then Great White Hope , then rubbish all media @Emelia8 

@TAB 

I guess you saw Charlie Dixon retired?