Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Thanks for your reply @Zoe7 & all the best with the medication reduction. Seems like you have many strengths indeed, & your practical “can do” nature is a huge bonus. Yes routine is important but sadly it’s the thing I’m worst at (along with “to do” lists which were fine until I developed depression). Thanks for the inevitable reminder about “normal” being relative. I am surrounded by extremely competent friends & desperately wish I could be them...just can’t find a retail outlet for that magic wand! Husband & I & 2 younger kids all seem to be feeling ‘blah’. Can’t get motivated at all but have put washing out & might work on another job application. How’s the computer working now @Flying_Hams

No motivation yet today @Sam3 but am watching the tennis so that may come later when the tennis has finished. It's a game I wanted to watch last night but it got rained out so it is on today. Yes 'normal' is relative and too often I think we compare ourselves to others rather than working on just improving ourselves - if we can do that then the only person we dissapoint is ourselves and then we can strive to do better next time. Being self-aware helps with our depression as well - and part of that is knowing that rest days/times are inevitable to get through and just accepting those times is all we need to do rther than kick ourselves for not doing more.

good afternoon @Sam3, @Flying_Hams, @Sans911, @Former-Member, @BlueBay, @oceangirl, @Former-Member

thank you my sister @Zoe7

we just got home -- we brought half the chemist this morning Smiley LOL

me -- I have an infection , on ab`s now , next week have to have more blood test and other tests as my kidney has gone down to 21% and other things are up

Mr shaz has to have an xray next week , the doctor has put him on pain relief and other meds , have to see what the xray says

and then he asked mr shaz about his MI meds and when his last checkup was -- 3 and a half years ago -- the doctor said he needs another checkup so he is going to read up on mr shaz`s past history , so got another appointment marked in

dropped in to see how my mum was this morning

Oh @Shaz51 - you both have so many things going on. Hoping you both back to reasonable health soon. 💜💜

thank you @Sans911 , me too

mr shaz has gone to bed , too much for him i think

how are you today xx

It seems like it was a very good idea getting to the doctor for both you and Mr. Shaz @Shaz51 Good that you have AB for the infection and great that you doctor is going to review Mr. Shaz after so long. I hope the xray is clear for you both but good that it is being done. Both of you are in the wars at the moment so look after yourself as best you can my sister. Heart

great that you doctor is going to review Mr. Shaz after so long. -- yes very true my sister @Zoe7

it will be interesting to see what he says and what is followered up as we go through a lot of doctors in our small town

yes it was a good idea , just we were not expecting it this morning

It is a good sign that the doctor wants to read the notes first @Shaz51 and that he even picked up that it has been a long time since there has been any assessment or review done - that is all positive. Hopefully he can help you both as well - you deal with so much yourself that it would be nice to have someone on your side helping you too Heart

I’m sending positive vibes to you @Shaz51 & Mr Shaz. Good effort to get to Dr this morning so hope you’re having a relaxing afternoon. 

I saw this article by Princess Kate’s brother about his ‘private’ battle with depression which was kind of encouraging; 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6583137/amp/With-devastating-honesty-courage-JAMES-MIDDLETO...

Sorry to hear you and Mr Shaz are in the wars atm. I know you both will bounce back. How is your mum? @Shaz51 Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance