Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Thanks for sharing @Zoe7. I assume you mean DBT for BPD? I’m so pleased the meds got you to a place where you could benefit from DBT. I think one of the toughest things is the patience required to improve one’s mental health. I’m not patient & taking years to improve is daunting, especially with 4 dependents. That’s the bit where people say “one day at a time”! Just spoke to my 94 yo Aunt who responded to my  comment about how I wish I was like her with “Well you’ve got a few more years to practice!”

Yeah @TAB that would be the one - I recorded it so watching it now - looove pandas. Getting out of the house will at least break up the day hey. Hopefully any new neighbours will be nice and quiet - you will have to wait to find out though I suppose.

@Sam3 There are a couple of people in the DBT group with BPD but not everyone. It is recommended for people with BPD but can also benefit others like me with depression, anxiety and CPTSD.

It would be so much harder with 4 dependents - it is hard enough on your own.

That was a nice comment from your Aunt - time is one thing we do have and not everything has to be done straight away. That is where so many people fall down - they want things 'now' and can't look forward to things being done in stages or over time - patience is yet another thing I am learning.

yes got to get out even if 20 mins @Zoe7 er yeah hm not sure if its govt house or private or what but last tenants all in jail apparently if that's any indication

Could be either private or govnt housing - either way hoping the new tenants are quiet and nice @TAB I really need to get myself moving this afternoon - might tackle some more of the painting while I had a little energy (can do that whilst watching the baby panda doco) Will check in with you and @Sam3 later.

Hi @Former-Member see you there too - catch you later too Hon Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Zoe7 @TAB @Sam3 @Former-Member 

Hope your nap helped Zoe. 

I have no idea about cricket. I remember playing it once, when I was working with kids in a children’s home. We went on a camp and I remember it was super hot playing and I was extremely sunburnt. My face actually blistered, ouch!  Heaps of BCC’s since. Oh well. Just saying, it’s funny what memories can come up. 

I think I understand the place you’re in Sam3. I have been in that place many many times, where there seems like there’s no hope of feeling better. Sorry to hear it’s like that for you at the moment. I hope you can find a way upwards. 

Ive only just started feeling a bit better today.  Consistently speaking out positive affirmations every day, deep breathing, lying down and relaxing every muscle have helped the most.

Trying to eat healthy. Etc.  

Mind you, it’s taken me a very long time to see any good results. It takes alot of discipline to do these things when feeling like you’re in a hole. But I can’t stand feeling like that anymore. Anyway, I really feel for you and wish there was something I could do/say to help. 💖🌷

Hope you find something yummy to buy at the shops TAB. Sorry your bod is feeling painful etc. salt bath sounds a good idea. I need to do a food shop, but I’m really trying to have a relaxing day. 

Hoping youre having a nice nap now, Sherry. Yes, tea in a pot is nice. But I take the easy way and use tea bags, organic ones. But with coffee, I have to have proper espresso type. No instant for me.

My upbringing, good strong coffee. 

Will try resting again. Catch you later. 

❤️😘

Had a short nap earlier and have been doing a little more painiting @Former-Member - it is slowly coming together but still a lot to go. I haven't even started on the peacock yet - still doing the background. Might start on the peacock tonight when the rest is dry enough.

It is a beautiful day here but I don't particularly want to do anything today - might need to head to the shop later but hoping I have a bit more energy then.

Ended up driving around thinking @Zoe7 then went for a walk for an hr in midday heat, old walk track from 2 years ago near caravan park

So pleased you got a walk in today @TAB That is maybe what I need but too lazy today to get up and moving. Watching the women playing cricket right now then will watch the men tonight. I may need to go out to the shop but that will be later if I can be bothered to go (might have to though) - will wait to the cricket is over and then maybe go then.

Yeah instant only here @Former-Member I need to get a water filter of some description too. Just went for a long walk in heat. Bought coke at shop. Going to mix it. 37 here ugh
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance