Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Great news about your work in the suicide prevention sector @Zoe7. Very proud of you, and it sounds interesting & exciting.

Thank you @Sans911 It was really unexpected but I have accepted the position on the panel and now just need to work on the reading when it is forwarded to me. 

@Faith-and-Hope @Sans911 @Shaz51 @BlueBay @MDT @Snowie @Teej @CheerBear @eth @Adge @Former-Member @Former-Member @Appleblossom  and all following along

I had a really good day today. I was up super early and despite being very tired this morning I managed to get myself moving. I know once I get to work I am okay - it is just the getting moving and getting there in the mornings that continue to be a problem/

I helped out another teacher doing some extra marking today - she seemed quite tired and stressed and I had the time so it was no problem to do ...it actually helped me fill in some time as well so we both benefitted. 

I had a class on my own again today for an hour and the kids were all really good - they just got on with their work and that made it so easy to supervise them. I barely had to do anything - helped a couple of kids with their work, kept a couple on track and talked to another few about what they were doing - that is an easy hour Smiley Tongue

After school I checked in with the Assistant Principal and she asked how I was doing. I told her I had been really tired the last couple of weeks but feel better this week. She joked that it was the preps that had done that to me and I laughed - mainly because the preps really did exhaust me and she was not far from the truth. She followed that by saying that you would not know with how I have been going. She also said I am doing really well and that everyone is loving having me come into their classroom - that certainly gave me a little extra energy this afternoon. It is nice to hear that other teachers are benefitting from me helping them - it makes me feel like I am not only being respected but worthwhile and those are definitely things I have been lacking in my life for a long time.

I also talked today to another teacher about what I do on Wednesdays. She thought I had a day off so was surprised to hear I do so much. She is a really lovely teacher and I felt comfortable telling her - the great thing is she said that it is wonderful I am doing that for myself - especially because it has helped - and that more people need to look after their mental health especially in teaching. That was a big thing for me to confide in her but it was a good outcome so I am glad I did. I have no fears that she would use it against me or tell anyone else and that is another big thing for me.

One more day before the weekend but I am looking forward to tomorrow - how often have I been able to say that in the last few weeks - maybe the tide is turning a little Smiley Very Happy

I'm glad today was a good day @Zoe7 . It certainly helps when we feel appreciated. 

Hi @Snowie How is your day going Hon?

Being open and honest with your colleagues is essential I think @Zoe7
Good on you my friend.

My day is going ok @Zoe7 Had pdoc today,spoke about a few issues I am having.

It has been my experience @MDT that being too open and honest is detrimental to my mental health as there is still so much stigma associated with MI - and I do not think most people know how to deal with it. This teacher opened the door by discussing some ACT stuff she had read about so it was an easy segway. I didn't go into any detail about why I was doing the course but gave her enough info to know a little about it. 

@Snowie So pleased you could talk through some of the things bothering you and also that you are having an ok day. How are you sleeping?

Precisely @Zoe7
You always need to pick your audience I say

Sleeping has been ok @Zoe7  but it has been forced sleeping. The days are where I am still having issues.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance