Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Jessie2
Contributor

Anxiety and Panic attacks

I am struggling so much, i live in a small town, the GP we have here knows nothing about Mental illness, he basically just tells me its all in my mind and not an actual illness! I had brain surgery in 2000, almost died, since then i have very high anxiety levels and panic attacks, i cant breathe, i aches and pains all over my body, i am tearfull, i am just not coping! Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to calm my anxiety to the point where my phyical syptoms go away! Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Anxiety and Panic attacks

Hi @Jessie2

I am sorry to hear you are struggling.

I have just a few tips.

I listen to therapeutic music on my headphones which calms my mind down meaning i can go outside. 

I like the article on finding balance https://www.eckharttolle.com/read/. I also like he's teachings on presence.

Grow is a useful organisation for mental health and have online groups depending on in which state you live.

I like chatting to people and the sane helpline is available.

That's all i have at the moment. I hope you have a chance to deal with this.

Thank you very much!Heart

hi @Jessie2 welcome to the forums

I have crippling anxiety and rage. The only thing that helped me is medication from a psychiatrist. I feel much better & can function much more now that I'm on the rights meds.

That is just what worked for me though, every individual is different.

Hi, and Thank you, i am not on any Meds although i know i really need them, i am just really worried about the side effects, i have panic attacks thinking about taking meds

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance