Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Sirihawi
Casual Contributor

Are Sedative type drugs the only help for Bipolar 2

From day 1 of bring diagnosed with Bipolar I have been on one drug which has such a huge sedative effect it zonks me aw soon as I takd it in the eve ing and the effects of drowsiness stay with me upon waking in the morning, making me immediately feel horrible upon waking as I cant get motivated from tge start.  Just changed because I couldnt stand it and new drug is also a sedative and still makes me feel tired 24/7.  I cant win!!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Are Sedative type drugs the only help for Bipolar 2

@Sirihawi  Hi Sirihawi I was first of all diagnosed with bipolar 1 and now schizoaffective disorder and the answer is yes. My sleeping patterns are all screwed up. I am awake most of the night and sleep most of the day. Am permanently tired even with cat naps. Medications have so many side effects but for me are an evil necessity as I am unbearable without them and get myself into all sorts of strife so there appears at least for me I am stuck with them for the foreseable future. Wish I could say something on a brighter note. greenpeax

Re: Are Sedative type drugs the only help for Bipolar 2

HI @Sirihawi , I had troubles at first, but, once the doctors found the right meds I've been okay.  I have suffered pretty drastic weight gains from them though.  Part of me wishes the doctors should have to take some of the meds they prescribe so they get to experience some of the fun for themselves 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance