Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Changing meds

Hello @BPDSurvivor 

Thank you so much for your encouraging words, they really do mean a lot to me. The support I got on here during my really dark times, kept me going and you are still supporting me all this time later - thank you my friend.

Work is just ok. It’s not my dream job, nor do I like WFH 100% of the time, but it’s a stepping stone (a big step just starting F/T work) to where I would like to be eventually.  Some days are better than others….my confidence takes a beating when I don’t remember processes (my memory isn’t as sharp as it used to be), but I just have to them remind myself of how much I have learnt in the first few weeks of work.

I’m looking forward to our extra long weekend tho. 

Are you enjoying being on school holidays? The weather has been nice the past couple of days. 

My niece was down on the weekend, and I had a great time spoiling her and just hanging out. Hopefully Mum and I will go up and see my sister, nephew and niece over the Melb Cup long weekend - that’s if I can take the Monday off work. 

I hope all is good in your world and thanks for keeping In touch - I really enjoy hearing from you.

Big hugs WIP & Levi (who hasn’t matured all that well, as I spoil him at too much).

xx

Hey @WIP ,

Great to great from you! In terms of your job, you know where you struggle and so that is your chance to look for strategies to help you get through it.

It’s like when I work with kids with ADHD, ASD or cerebral palsy. It’s not about changing them. It’s about making changes in the environment to accommodate their needs. Hence, the ‘problem’ is not the child/person, but the environment instead. A clear example is someone in a wheelchair wanting to reach second floor. If there are ramps or a lift, then the problem is solved.

Im sharing this because if you know you struggle with remembering things, what are some things you can do? For kids with a short term auditory memory disorder, we write notes, give them picture prompts and write fit points for them to help them. Would this help you?

Whatever it is, I’m so proud of how far you have come. From ‘falling off the perch’ to holding a full time job. You never cease to amaze me.

It was good to see you say that despite this job not being your dream job, it’s a step into the wider world of employment. 

My job is ruthless. The stress and pressure in education (esp now) is horrendous. People are leaving in droves. I don’t think you’re ready for this sort of pressure. I’m not saying for you to work in education, but more that there is a lot of pressure in a lot of jobs (hospitality, retail, business, insurance). Hence, take it slowly with the job you have now.

Have you slipped walks in between work to give Levi a treat? Does he still chew shoes?

Hey @BPDSurvivor !

Good to hear back from you 😊

I take notes every day at work, to help me remember things.  The set up of the system/application that the company uses, it rather 'clunky' in my opinion.  I've used this app before and it has always been way more streamlined that this company.  The different between working for a large established vendor, to a smaller one that has gone through many acquisitions.  I have notes in my notebook, and also type notes in OneNote when someone is speaking really fast explaining something to me.  There's lots & lots of processes to learn.  It's end of quarter, so the Manager and other team members this week have been concentrating on closing business, and not being available to teach me 'new' stuff.  I did ask my manager on Monday afternoon for help on a particular customer, and he hasn't gotten back to me yet - I felt really deflated Monday night and most of y'day, but today I woke up and thought, I'll ask him again after the long weekend.  The idea of the extra long weekend being only 8 working hours away is providing motivation to think positively. 

I'm sorry to hear that your work environment is so ruthless, but I understand the Education sector is under so much pressure in so many different ways.  Good on you for sticking at it, when people are leaving in droves and not many students are deciding on teaching as a career these days. I dream of having a job that I love doing, pays me enough money to pay the mortgage and have a little left over so I don't have to be frugal (like I have been for the past 3 years or so).  I'll get there.

Levi is enjoying me being home and expects a walk every day.  I try to get out for a short one at lunch time, or after work.  He still enjoys watching the tv, and goes nuts whenever there's a dog or other animal on the screen.  I enjoy the show 'The Dog House' and so does he.  He talks to the tv for the whole hour and I get double the entertainment - from the show, but from him.  He's a bit of a nutter - just like his Mum, I say 😉

Have a great day my friend.

Big Hugs!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance