Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: D.I.D.

sending you hugs @Smc and sitting with you

Smc
Senior Contributor

Ta @Shaz51 @Former-Member .

Post swung too close to the guidelines. Reposting slightly gentler version.

"Older Daughter's in hospital again. Will be OK, but has been under medical observation overnight and today while recovering. Once she's well enough, she'll be transferred to the psych unit for at least the weekend, maybe longer. If longer, we'll be requesting day leave under our watch for her surgery follow up appointment.

And Friday next week we'll be travelling down to the city for our bridesmaid's funeral. We heard yesterday that she'd died Tuesday. Cancer- we were expecting it. But 'tis a lot happening at once. Am expecting that to be an odd sort of day. It looks like it's going to be a bit of a reunion with a whole lot of people who were part of our life nearly 30 years ago, but we haven't really had much contact with them since."

Smc
Senior Contributor

Have just given her a goodnight phone call. She's sounding a lot less groggy, but I'm guessing transfer to psych unit will probably wait until tomorrow.

HeartHeart @Smc 

Smc
Senior Contributor

Bit of update.
Older Daughter is in the psych unit. We visited for a bit yesterday, and again this morning. We were hoping to be there at the time that she had a review with the psychiatrist, but he was delayed, and we couldn't wait it out. We did get a phonecall from one of the psych nurses afterwards giving us basics of how the review had gone. It sounds like she's got the better part of a week in there, and some medication adjustments during that time.

We may be able to get to the next review on Thursday, but we have an old friend's funeral to attend on Friday morning, and that's happening a couple of hundred k's away, so we're travelling Thursday afternoon...

Our car's brakes failed yesterday after our visit to Daughter, so that's currently waiting at the very busy mechanic's workshop. We probably won't have it back for a week or so, but a friend from church who has recently bought a new car has lent her "old" car to us. We'd be in a bit of a spot otherwise, since we're taking Older Daughter "out" for the day tomorrow down to her surgical review at the 300kms away hospital.

Is all happening at once at the moment. Hoping my Mum and Dad stay well-ish until we're past this bit please?

❤️ @Smc  ..... big hugs ❣️

@Smc  sending big hugs here also.

Thinking of you and family at the moment. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Smc 

Trust things went ok today.

Smc
Senior Contributor

Thanks again...

@Former-Member, today went surprisingly well.
She's healing well, doesn't need a splint any more and has been given exercises to do so that scar tissue doesn't form along the tendon and to get movement back. The nurse and therapist who saw her were friendly, gentle and encouraging. 

The trip down was long but pleasant, interesting scenery but otherwise uneventful, and we've delivered her back to the MHU in a much better state of mind than she has been. Her nurse commented that she was a different person to when she left this morning.

Really, I don't think we could have asked for any better. Answered prayers. 🙂

@Smc  thinking of you today and trust daughter continues to improve.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance