Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Dissociative Identity Disorder Carers?

Messy weekend, but may be making some headway.

Three emergency department visits for Daughter, two with me accompanying her. One Saturday night for repair work, on her own. One Sunday afternoon to try to get a bed in the psych unit for a night or two, because the SH compulsion was still worryingly strong. We got a very helpful response as such, about the best she's had there for a long while, but the unit was full, as were the two next closest ones (both of which were 100+kms away... not ideal for a crisis admission). Fallback plan was me staying at her home for the night, caretaking sharps and providing support; for her to ring mental health unit if she needed to talk; and for a worker to follow her up Monday. We stressed the urgency of her mental health file being reviewed, as the information on it was unhelpful to the point of obstructive.

Didn't quite work. Had dinner with her and watched a movie (nice safe kids level content). Her brother arrived home, and I went out to help him bring in firewood. Came back inside to find that in that short time, Daughter had necessitated another "repair work" trip to E.D. Eventually got back to their house and to sleep about 3:30-4 a.m.

But the good news is, it seems we've got the local public mental health unit back on side. The caseworker did follow up this morning, they want to have family members involved in the review as well as Daughter, and most promising of all is that she is trying to fight the compulsion now, instead of seeing it as a good emotional release strategy. We're very very much trying to encourage her that it's possible, and that losing one battle against it doesn't mean she will lose every battle.

Very tired out, kind of getting a second wind now, just in time to cook dinner. Hoping I'll sleep like a log tonight.

Hugs @Smc .... ❤️😔💐💕

Sending up a few extra prayers for you and yours tonight @Smc

Much appreciated @Former-Member.

Hugs and prayers here also @Smc

Ta @Determined....

I really appreciate the great bunch of supporters we've got here.

We've had another follow up SH event last night. Found out mid-evening. I kept the phone beside the bed last night, expecting a call or two. Concerned mental health team member called, a bit confused as to why Daughter was seeing professionals in the big city instead of locally. Gave her a heads up that the response of the local public MHS team had sometimes been less than inspiring... she said she'd ask their department head to call me today, but not sure if he'll catch me, as Daughter rang a bit later (midnight-ish) to ask if I could go with her to today's big city appointment. I don't really feel up to it. Tired, emotionally thin. But given the past week, I'd be concerned for her safety if she went alone. So in about 20 mins I'll be off. Won't be home 'til early-mid evening.

@Smc

Only saw your post just now

That is not good...

Hope this afternoons appointment goes well for you and especially your daughter. 

Sending up prayers now @Smc

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance