Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Flying_Hams
Community Guide

I feel like an entitled brat

I have everything going for me - well not everything or else I wouldn't be here would I ?

I'm sick of feeling underaccomplished and pathetic. I don't know what I have to do to get anywhere. I'm trying to find jobs overseas and I've barely scratched the surface. I've applied for one thing, and probably won't even get that. Judging by how competitive everything is these days... let alone in another country..

I'm sick of all of this stuff. Mental health has held me back too much.

I feel this is just a waste of my time. Better off dead. I'm over people's maxims about how it will work out and how things come around.... who said that was the rule?

Anyways. Just ranting. But I'm also very tired of all of this and getting bored with myself..

22 REPLIES 22

Re: I feel like an entitled brat

Hi @Flying_Hams

I can really hear how sick and tired you are of struggling with your mental health, whilst feeling unaccomplished because of such struggles - even to the point where you are feeling like you are wasting your time trying so hard to fight for a fulfilling lifestyle.

Given you expressed you feel you'd be better off dead, I am quite concerned for you. If you feel suicidal or that you need support, please reach out to Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide call Back Service (1300 659 467).

Kindest,

Amour_Et_Psyché

Hey @Amour_Et_Psyché
Thanks for replying

I am just over all of this crap. I've taken a break and I'm just watching some stuff on YouTube and sitting on the couch.

I am just stuck. Stuck with where I wanted to get to and be. This is what makes my battles with MH so exhausting.

I take the smallest baby step and I am exhausted from it all. It does fell like time has already run out and that I am at a loss because it took so long for me to complete my degree. It rubs off a lot of the sense of achievement.

When I said I wanted to be dead I said this because it seems like thatd be easier. I don't feel suicidal. I just feel stuck. Really stuck.

I'm sick of underestimating myself but then I keep winding back and feeling like the original view I had of myself was accurate - useless in other words.

My pleasure @Flying_Hams!

I can really hear how over you are battling with your mental health and how taking even the smallest of steps leaves you feeling exhausted - that is such a disheartening place to be in! I can hear that because you have taken longer than you hoped to finish your degree, you feel like your time has run out and that it is harder to appreciate the accomplishment of finishing your degree in itself.

I am glad to hear that you are safe and do not need crisis support. However, if you do need to reach out for a chat about what's going on, or to get some mental health support, please do not hesitate to call the SANE Australia Help Centre (1800 18 72 63), or to connect with our online chat.

Please take care of yourself, and I hope siting on the couch watching Youtube videos are somewhat helping you to feel better.

Kindest,

Amour_Et_Psyché

Thanks again @Amour_Et_Psyché
I dozed off too. A small nap helped a bit

Afternoon @Flying_Hams (Shout-out to @Amour_Et_Psyché 🖐)

I caught your thread while cruising the site and thought I'd drop you a line.

I hear you loud and clear when you say you feel stuck, I'm also hearing impatience? It's frustrating and totally annoying to feel you're ready to take the plunge, but the world doesn't seem to be on the same page.

I had a mix-up with my work contract quite a few years ago now, and ended up having to leave my precious job; my financial backbone. On the surface it looked like I was in crisis, my career was over and it'd take double the work to get back to where I was.

As it turned out though, it was one of the best years of my life! 😂 Being a single mum, I got to be home for my son to go to school and be there when he returned. I had enough savings to get by and for the first time since he was born, I felt at peace. The struggle I'd felt was gone and replaced with another type of self-worth and achievment. I ended up with a job that combined two of my career paths to work in a brand new field. I was there for nearly ten years.

I don't want this to sound too cliche', but life can be an adventure; we never know what's around the corner. Just when you think the arse is falling out of everything, something appears to direct us towards a different, yet interesting, path.

Each decade is supposed to prepare us for the next with lessons creating personal qualities that help us cope and strive better in life. Some of those lessons can be unpleasant or wonderful, but the premise is to be ready for the next phase of our life.

If I hadn't have had that year off, I never would've experienced such a precious time with my teenage boy who needed me more than ever. Sometimes Ham, being on hiatus provides time to rest, focus on tying up loose ends or maybe reevaluate plans and preparedness.

You seem a powerhouse of motivation and energy, this will serve you well when the time's right, I have now doubt about that. Something just right will eventuate and all this frustration will fade into the past.

Patience my friend;

Take care;

Hope Heart

@Zoe7 @TAB

This is where I am atm..... not great

lol @Hope4me

"Just when you think the arse is falling out of everything, something appears to direct us towards a differen"

This bit made me laugh. I was picturing the ass falling off everything xD

But yes. I see what you mean. You have some great words of advice there

Thank you 🙂

You are being too hard on yourself @Flying_Hams You have been accepted into the course in Poland and that is a big achievement. You have also been granted interviews for positions whether you have gone through with those or not and that is another achievement. This life is not easy whether you have a MI or not and sometimes patience is what is needed. Nothing in life is simply handed to us but you have put the hard work in and that shows you have the attitude and motivation to succeed in whatever you put your mind to. Sometimes though we expect things to simply happen because we want them to but life is not always that way - it is about continuing to learn and grow and the direction that can all take you is unlimitied.

ohh stop it @Flying_Hams  please don't be so hard on yourself 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance