Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

I'm scared for my safety

I've recently been contacted by a woman who told me that she has been dating my MC (Male creator).

My MC is on parole after being in jail for rape, child molestation, child endangerment and attempted murder.

He was released 8 years ago and part of his terms are he is not allowed to contact my family and he is not allowed near children.

My MC is my first abuser taking my innocence and my childhood when i was 3.

This woman contacted me to ask if I would like to meet my 3 month old half sister.

I have deactivated facebook and other social media taking down all photos I've contacted my family lawyer who told the parole officer but as he does not see the child and they live seperatly they cant do anything and there is nothing i can do to stop her contacting me as she has done nothing wrong so legally they cant do anything.

I'm so scared she might try to find where i live. He has put my life at risk before and I'm worried he might be putting ideas into her head.

What can i do to make myself feel safe

7 REPLIES 7

Re: I'm scared for my safety

Dear @Former-Member 

I am so sorry this has happened. That is so horrible.  She may not actually realise how bad it is (and WAS ) for you, but you need to do what is right for you.  It would be very triggering.  I was getting triggered in sympathy for you, just reading your post.

Yes put space between you and seek out your established supports. I am not sure if you have treating team?

Take Care Bella

@Former-Member My first instinct is to run but rationally that would be wrong and would play into his hands. Stay put near support networks. Time to get as much legal advice as soon as possible. We are here for you BabyDragon. xxxx

Hi @Former-Member,

I'm glad that you've reached out to the forums regarding this, it sounds like this has really left you worried and concerned about your safety, which can be extremely overwhelming. As @Appleblossom suggested, please seek out your supports and make sure you are looking after yourself. I also encourage you to get in touch with 1800RESPECT  (1800 737 732) who can provide specific support to those who have been victim to sexual and family abuse. 

It's such a tribute to you to be able to post here and work towards your wellbeing despite the hardships you have experienced. Don't hesitate to continue sharing and getting support from the forums.

Take care,

Flipper

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Appleblossom and @greenpea,

It is triggering and stressful and I do just want to run away.

So far all legal advice has been there is nothing they can do because she hasn't done anything wrong. 

I just don't know what to do i finally get the paperwork through so I don't get called to any more parole change hearings. I cant cope dealing with that part of my life anymore and keep stable enough to care for a child.

Why does this keep coming back in my life. I had a complete ptsd breakdown I'm struggling to keep together. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @flipper

I have a family lawyer who has been working with my family in relation to issues with my MC since he was released.

He has given me legal advice but it still has me worried that they cant do anything about her contacting me

@Former-Member You are a level headed young woman who is a fantastic mother and person to boot. We will be here for you through thick and thin BabyDragon. My pea senses do not like this one single bit do not trust this woman is my advice.

Is she continuing to contact you, when you have expressly asked her/him/them, not to contact you? Was it the first time she asked if you wanted to meet the child? Maybe it could even be grounds for intervention order.  Are you totally sure they cannot . Given the family history ... it maybe unusual, but I think legal principles ought apply ... if you have expressly requested ...NO contact with her   Sorry about questions.

@Former-Member Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance