Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Lack of Work Motivation

Hey @Hopeless,

There is always hope!!! Even on the darkest of days.

Bipolar boy is bouncing back on his new meds and i am really hopeful he will be able to find a path to his own happiness career wise. I have told him i dont care what he does, as long as it brings him happiness that is what matters to me. 

I find he works well within structure and routine so i was worried when he resigned that he would lose that structure but he has found a way to create it for himself each day which is truely amazing. We write a task list each night together for the next day and it consists of jobs such as cleaning and shopping, walking the dogs, getting out in the garden and keeping a mood journal... and it is working! 

thanks for the hugs @Shaz51, its good to be back... i am sure a lot of carers find this but i find when my partner goes off the rails, i struggle to hold on myself. His moods really unbalance my life and even though i work full time so spend much of the days away from him, the constant worry about whether he is ok drives me a little crazy myself. This depression episode being so much worse for him than any others, i found myself slipping further down the rabbit hole than i usually do so i had to call in for back up, luckliy my amazing mum flew over from interstate and took over daily caring for him so i could focus on my job and keeping myself healthy, and she "mummed" him back to a healthy place. 

My parents have just holidayed in NZ and stopped in to check up on us on the way home and mum agrees the improvement in my partner over the last 3 weeks is amazing. I am so glad to be on our way back to stability!

xx

Tigz

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance