Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Learning to live (and be myself) again

@eudemonism Wish you the best to recover fully. It may just take time. I am not doing much these days, just hoping time will heal. I am not looking after myself well. Trying to look after mum. Keep faith. You will get there.

@eudemonism  It is not good to feel not being in control of own life. I know what that feels like. I have sick for a long time. I had fifteen hosputal admissions in ten years. Last one one and half years ago. To me, I just have to let natural course of my illness run and take all treatments. It rocks my confidence in my life and future. But I just have to take one day at a time and let time do the healing. May be your illness is similar to mine, just that I don’t do vices or addictions. From what I know, addictions and vices make things worse long term. I understand the side effects of treatments being bad as well. We all have our struggles. Wish you the best. Take care.

Hi @Meowmy I'm trying to be considerate of your situation, issues and feelings by not overwhelming you with my problems. I'm thinking twice about what to write to you...

I'm not sure there's much i can say to help... as it's probably better of left taking it's own natural course... and is actually normal in it's own right... and is your thing to deal with...

In this day and age of information at our fingertips... it's easy to research topics and find writing about other people's opinions and experiences... but i honestly believe the true, tried and tested answers come from within ones self... as apose to externally from other people...

My faith has helped me many times over the years... plus experiences and learning, changing my thinking... accepting the actual problems... and dealing with them... as apose to embracing false hope and falsehood...

Hi @Ali11 just before i said to myself... 'I accept people don't like the truth... i accept the problem... no more denial...' just to let you in on my thinking style...

I'm constantly thinking about stuff... yes it's very stressful at times... alot of problems to deal with...... in the sense of... what do i need??? How do i get it??? And solve any problems in the way...

I've tried to summarize my issues in away which is easy for myself to understand... and also easy for everyone else to understand... so we're all on the same page and working toward the same goals...

Empowering an individual to independently deal with their issues is a win win scenario... you could summarize my issues into one small statement... 'I've been disrespected and i don't deal with disrespect well '

Respect is so important... giving and receiving of respect... respect comes in many shapes and forms... and I'm only just learning it's key and pivotal role in a person building a strong and sound foundation... where they can feel socially secure and safe... in past, present and future tenses... it's so important in the process of competent, confident and well rounded person...

Where as... disrespect!!! It's not good... it's yuck for everybody... a goal of mine is to rebuild old or new relationships... where people can trust that I'll respect them...

@Meowmy I'm sorry to hear about your long history of many hospital admissions... i compare this to my story and it takes me back to when i was first diagnosed and the early stages of treatment...

I've had probably 7 or so admissions to hospitals, a few quick visits to a and e. A few trips to hospitals in the city. I can't remember exact amount of times. + contact with local doctors and nurses and phone centres which are based around supporting people with issues.

It was very comforting to know i was in hospital. A safe place. Being fed and cared for. Being seen to by a doctor. Getting prescribed meds. It was like respite.

But best result for myself now. Is to be as independent from support as possible. Move on. Rebuild my life. How i would like it... However. I suppose it takes a variety of supports to get by in life. No matter who you are...

Bit of a nomad really... roaming from pasture to pasture... where the pickings are good and the grass is green...

@eudemonism Hello. Hope you had a good morning. Sounds like you have been doing the wise thing by embracing personal truth and solving personal life issues. We all have personal issues to have resulted in some sort of MI. But it may not be too bad, because it is part of our life journey , to reach personal destiny . I am sure you are very intelligent, insightful and wise to sort through the lessons life give to us. Wish you a great afternoon. Take care.

Wow @eudemonism, so many good takeaways in that comment! I love those questions you're asking yourself, "What do I want, and how do I get it?" Heart

You're right about respect as well. Kindness is something we all need more of, from ourselves and others, and to ourselves and others. There was a post online a while back that said "Kind people are my kinda people." Smiley Happy

Yer thanks @Meowmy I've gotta do something with my life and each day... you know... beyond the MI and the treatment... I've gotta get what i need and move on... Because spending my life as the description list of symptoms and side effects to my medicine... ain't really that good a life 😐 it would drive anyone mad + i don't deserve it...

Concrete goals... faith... and constant progress... + empowerment, confidence, motivation and independence is what i need... everyday...

@Ali11 yea with a MI condition which basically consists of having a split mind... it's hard to find a true direction and continually be moving forward + there's the aspect of it being a universal human condition... so I'd appreciate it if they took all the focus on myself being 'the only one ' when they themselves are basically the same...

A person having their needs met is crucial for the well-being of one's future prospects... i feel my needs have been in the hands of my fellow man... for ages now
... and it's not a good feeling... Because it's made me constantly tippy toe about my true opinon and what i would really like to be saying... it's given me a ~ must please them for the sake of not loosing my needs and falling further into the snare of MI... which totally disempowers me from my rights... and my abilities to be somewhat in control, taking care of myself and putting myself first...

The truth makes me laugh @Ali11 even though the truth is awful... it makes me happy to know the truth... as apose to other people's realities... I'm grateful for this... dramatic joke of the day !!! 'Send me to the institution!!! I need more lies!!!'

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance