Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Lost and confused...

Hello @Former-Member , @greenpea , @frog ..

Thank you all for your beautiful replies...

I am all my sons have and I’m not strong..I’m falling to pieces now..what’s going to happen when the time comes that they really do need me..I’m not going to be good enough to help support my eldest son through this sad time...I can’t ven support myself most times...

Im scared, trapped and want to run away from all this...I’m not good at decisions or even talking to him...he takes after his dad and has a few narcissistic traits in him..that triggers and frightens me..I know he would never hurt me..but just hearing him, seeing him, watching his movements are a huge trigger for me....taking me back to what I used to have to put up with...

I am bad..I know because I shouldn’t think twice..I should be able to be there with him and dil without even thinking about how it will make me feel....guilt as well always steps in because of his past and his dad and my raising of him...

Sorry it’s such a down post..

I hope you all are feeling okay..

Sherry..I’m so sorry about your mum...My heart goes out to you honey...

Starta..

Hi @Starta 

I am sorry to hear that you are down this evening.  Feeling scared and trapped must be very hard. It is great that you have been able to reach out on the forum for support and to send support to others. I am absolutely certain that you are not bad. Please look after yourself and keep yourself safe.

warmest regards

Whitehawk

Former-Member
Not applicable

Dearest @Starta  and waves to others as they drop by. @greenpea @frog @Whitehawk 

Firstly I will just point out that you are not ALL your sons have ... they have partners, children, friends, etc.  But I am quite sure you are a very big part in all their lives .. as you should be.  Perhaps even more now, than before.  Perhaps it may even bring them all a little closer to you, which is a good thing I think.  I do recall you saying that your eldest son has many of his fathers traits.  I realise that is triggering and very upsetting for you to see and endure when you are around him.  I wish there was an easier way to go about this, but I guess there really isnt.

Everyone always says "you are stronger than you think", and I think this is so very true.  I know there have been times I never thought I could make it through .. and yet I have.  I am positive you too have done that?  Often when we are unable to support ourselves as well as we should, it can be a very helpful process to suddenly have someone else's tragedy to think about.  Perhaps this will be the case for you ... somehow we manage to push through for others, where as we may not try so hard just for ourselves.  You have so many additional reasons now to stand up and take the best care of yourself, and in the process to better support your sons and their immediate families.  

With your DIL ... is she religious?  Does she have family of her own ... eg parents, siblings, etc?  I would imagine she will have already been provided with professional medical supports to help her through this dreadful ordeal she is about to go through.  They probably also have supports available for your son and their children, if he is willing to utilise those services.  And perhaps you also?  It could be a good option to all attend together.  Sometimes being able to talk openly about what is likely to happen with your DIL and when, can be a helpful process.  Its all part of the preparation and acceptance thing.  In effect, you would already have entered the grieving process.  

You are certainly not bad @Starta ... I know no other who is as kind, sweet and good ... as you.  Its natural to be questioning your own ability to cope.  We all want to do the most and best we can to help our loved ones through any difficulty when life throws it in our path.  Its very normal to fear that we wont come up to scratch. But I know you will.  You have absolutely nothing to feel guilty about ... do you hear me?  Please believe me when I say that.  I think I know you well enough to realise you would have done everything in your power to do the best for your loved ones, at all times.  If your narcissistic husband disempowered you, that is definitely not your fault.

Yes its a down post ... but clearly you are feeling down, and little wonder you are.  We are allowed to be down, and to express our feelings here.  Here is a great place to speak our mind, say things as they are, and to seek support and understanding from others.  You have that.

Thanks @Starta  for expressing your condolences re my Mum who died in mid July.  I still miss her .. every day.  I used to phone her every day, and I really miss that.  Some days I still think to myself "I will just give mum a call", only to realise that she is no longer there.  Its hard.  But of course you know all about how that feels.

Here is something I think you might enjoy. I hope my link works okay.

Please remember I am always thinking of you.

Sherry 💕

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=pan+flute+youtube&view=detail&mid=5C40D9D4DAA68B6E3E5C5C40D9D4D...

Hello @Former-Member , @greenpea , @Whitehawk , @frog ..

Sherry thank you for your kind words and everyone else..

No..I’m sorry but I’m not strong enough, no not this time..

How can you fight a spirit?..I know my hubby is doing all this..okay he might not be here in his body but he is in spirit...He couldn’t stand to see my sons and I happy together..He is going to continually hurt us in anyway he can...

Ill see this through and be there as much as I can for my eldest son...Then I think I’ll give my beautiful fur babies to my youngest son and disappear away from everyone and everybody...I’m tired, my soul is tired.my mind is tired...I’m just completely tied..of my memories, my life, me and life..I want peace, I want to escape away from me, my thoughts,and people..I need to find some peace some where..Life is not supposed to be like this...especially a life since birth..Some people have a blessed life..I just want a normal life with some happiness every so often...is that too much to ask for?...obviously it is for me...

Hi @Starta,

I'm sorry to hear that things are so difficult right now. I can hear how overwhelmed and exhausted you feel. It sounds like you're safe for now and that you are really determined to be here for your eldest son, you must know that you are a strength in their lives even if you are carrying feelings of guilt at times. I'm going to send an email to check in with you as I can hear you're really struggling and thinking about disappearing in the future. 

Please eep an eye on your inbox and take care for now, 

Tortoiseshell 

Hi @Starta 

I'm sorry that you have been through and are going through so much.

It must be absolutely exhausting. It would be surprising if you did feel like you could handle this situation. I don't think anyone would be feeling strong, but I get that there's a cumulative effect of loss and struggle.

Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you. One step at a time.

Hi Starta,

My Father passed away April this year from Glioblastoma, absolutely terrible cancer, so I can certainly sympathise with how you're feeling. My mother had a massive stroke 2 weeks ago and required life saving surgery, an hour after my Grandmother passed away. I thought we were going to lose her. It terrified me... it still does.

I'm coming to you from the child's perspective. YOU are so important to us, I lost my Dad, I almost lost my Mum within the same 6 months. She has a long road ahead, but I'll be there to meet it, right by her side. Right now, staying strong is HARD, but we have to, our family needs us, and they need us because we are IMPORTANT! 

Please reach out if you need to talk.

Auto

Hello @auto , @frog , @Tortoiseshell, @Former-Member , @Whitehawk , 

Thank you very much for your posts..

@Tortoiseshell ...thank you for your email..Yes I’m safe for now..So please don’t worry..I’m just so tired of hurting all the time... it hasn’t gotten any better in over 6 years..and really feel hopeless about my future....at this time..maybe things will change..idk..

Im driving to the Sydney area on Wednesday it’s a 7-8 drive..to visit my eldest son and dil who is now back from Queensland due to being hospitalised as she had 2 more seizures....My heart is breaking for them...

@auto ...I don’t know my grandchildren very well..because family issues have made me estranged from them a couple of years after hubby died...I’ve only seen them twice in 4 years...Me being important in their lives...No I haven’t been...I think about them a lot, and it’s hurts I haven’t been wanted as a part of their lives...

@Former-Member ...I’m sorry I didn’t reply in a pleasant manner to your post..I care a lot about you and have done for a couple of years now...I know you’re doing it hard...and I’m truely sorry..

My minds foggy atm...so I’ll say good night to everyone and wish you all a good day tomorrow...

Starta.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance