Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

Hugs @Snowie being honest as Zoe has said sounds like a good idea. Maybe as a suggestion if he mentions hospital you could ask about support worker coming to your house instead? I'm not to sure how that works but many here have or had that option..

I know my pdoc can't help me if I don't be honest with them. I feel like I am sabotaging myself, maybe I am. I guess I have to try and get it out this afternoon.

It's hard to be honest when your scared @Snowie 🧡

You do need to try to get it all out this afternoon @Snowie You have been struggling with the days for too long now Hon and you need that support to help you get through them better. Your pdoc needs to know exactly how much you are struggling. Maybe try to write it down so if you cannot get the words out this afternoon then you have something to hand to them instead.

Hey @Snowie , 

I am about to send you an email to check in. 

Turquoise. 

Thanks @Zoe7 @outlander 

I might try and write it down, I doubt I will be able to say it out loud.

You could copy exactly what you wrote here and print it out @Snowie that would be enough to cover all bases and start the conversation - at least let you pdoc know exctly how you are feeling.

Hey @Snowie How did your pdoc appointment go Hon?

I spoke to pdoc and told him everything that was going on at the moment. My anxiety was up high and my blood pressure and heart rate was up high. He did some grounding to try and calm me down a bit. He has added another new med and increased another med. 

We spoke about hospital and he said he thinks it would be a good idea to go in. I said I didn't want to especially with the school holidays coming up. I don't want to be in hospital over the school holidays because of the kids.

He said he will leave the decision up to me at this stage but if I get worse then he will place me in there. Hopefully that will not happen.

He wants me to hand all my meds over to H so I don't have access to them, except for day to day. I said I will think about that one.

I have to see him again in 2 weeks time and to contact him if things get worse.

I guess it went as well as expected. I have so much in my head tonight, I think seeing the psych and pdoc both on the same day is too much.

Big hugs @Snowie ..... proud of you communicating your situation and discussing your needs this way ......

💜💐💕💜💐💕💜💐💕💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance