Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Need a little help tonight

@Zoe7   Had a win of sorts tonight.  I dished up tea and called mum into the kitchen.  She sat down and ate it without saying a word - she only ate half of her piece of steak but she ate all her veggies so I’ll take that as a win.

Toward the end of the meal she asked where my dad was, he died 2 years ago.  I explained that to her and she called me a liar.  I have his funeral service sheet on the fridge so I got that for her and she had a read of it, then she said “that’s why I haven’t seen him around for a while”.  Then she finished her tea.  Dementia is just as devastating as cancer.  Dad died within 6 days of his pancreatic cancer diagnosis - dementia has had mum for at least 2 years and it’s just slow and cruel.

Yea for the win with dinner @Razzle

Demetia is a horrible, slow thing Hon. You are there for your Mum though and can fill in some of the gaps - still so hard for you to be both going through though Smiley Sad

How are you feeling tonight? Do you think you will be able to get some sleep?

@Zoe7   I don’t know about sleep, I had another drink tonight.  My body feels wound up and jolty like a couple of days ago.  Mums pretty tired tonight so she may head to bed early so I might head early myself and concentrate on my breathing like I did a few nights ago

That sounds like a great way to try to approach sleep tonight @Razzle I am heading to bed early myself tonight - been up way too late for the last few days and am exhausted as well. I'm back at work tomorrow so very much need some sleep as I won't be able to rest during the day. Have already had night meds and hoping they kick in pretty quickly tonight.

Have you anything planned for tomorrow?

@Zoe7  No plans yet, it’s day by day at the moment.

Hope you get plenty of rest tonight before you start work tomorrow.

thanks again for your support ❤️❤️

Day by day it is then @Razzle Sometimes that is all we need to do Hon.

It is going to be a long day for me tomorrow as I have to set up the classroom. The carpets and lino were replaced in the holidays after a tap was left on and the room flooded last term. It will probably be a pretty late day for me but I will try to check in with you when I get home. You certainly have my support when I can be here - I do know how hard it is to sleep when you have those visions  - so much harder when you have them in both the day and the night ...and very much hearing how much the lack of sleep is affecting you too. Hugs and hugs Heart

@Zoe7   Yikes, you are in for a long day, hope it goes smoothly for you.  

Thanks @Razzle Smiley Very Happy Hope you have a better day tomorrow too. I will be thinking of you Hon Heart

Leaving these for you for when you pop in next @Razzle Heart

Related image

@Zoe7  ❤️❤️  They’re beautiful !!

thankyou

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance