Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not sure what to do !!!

are you back home my @Former-Member Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes @Shaz51 

how is everything my friend @Former-Member Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Things fairly steady @Shaz51, think Sis struggling with her own MH is affecting how she is caring for Mum.

think Sis struggling with her own MH is affecting how she is caring for Mum.--- ohh has something changed @Former-Member 

I am finding hard to find a good balance here

Former-Member
Not applicable

Sis can see Mum aging @Shaz51thinking the "what its" are playing on her mind. I would like to see Mum have a little more help through my aged care (which she may be able to get but Sis finding motivation to arrange this difficult). There is a little friction between Sis and one brother in relation to Mum's care needs. 

I said to Mum I could help her sort some clutter but don't think she is ready to do so, I did help with some gardening.

Step by step @Former-Member 

It took my mum a long the to except help and she has me doing everything, 

And only gets meals on wheels apart from me now 

Keep suggestions going and I finding if I just do things she is getting there to be happy about it 

How is your mum today @Former-Member 

I went to the doctors with mum today 

About her hip pain ongoing is because she has lost muscle mass around the hip area

@eth , @Owlunar , @greenpea , @Appleblossom , @Former-Member , @Determined 

@Shaz51 @Former-Member  Hi Shaz51 and Darcy sorry to hear that both your mums are in the wars so to speak. Wishing them both well and yourselves too. Love peaxx

Former-Member
Not applicable

Mum going ok @Shaz51 , she takes things slowly. Hip pain = yikes.

@greenpea my mum is same age as Mother Shaz (88), slowing down a lot and my sis is concerned that she should be in care. One brother very much against it. I see both points of view as does my older brother, at present I think Mum can cope ok at home ideally with a little more my aged care support but it will be up to the other three who will need to make any decision when the time comes as they are named on her advanced care directive (which had the space for 3 people). Mum gets a little bit paranoid and puts things in safe places and spends a lot of time looking for things she cannot find (putting things in safe places is incompatible with short term memory loss) so I would like to help her sort things to logical places where she first looks if the need for something arises.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance