Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Really wobbly

THanks @soul that's a good way to look at it. I would love to just fast forward to summer when hopefully we'll be more settled. The process is so hard. How's your day looking? I'm going to do a little yoga and meditation then have a cup of tea. Maybe chat later.

That move would be really really hard @frog, on lots of levels 😞 Moving after so long would be a huge change.

I hope you enjoy your dinner tonight and that you are able to do what you need to feel a bit less wobbly before your meeting this morning.

I'd better get my day started too now I have kids waking.

It was nice to bump into you this morning. Hope things go ok for you today.

All the best for your day too @CheerBear

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @frog - i hope the anxiousness eases far sooner for you today! sorry i didnt get back to this thread the other day! not been feeling well blah!
I havent seen the new star wars movies!!! lol i should i know! might have to be my new goal! i was a babylon5 stargate fan 🙂 (embarrassment galore now!)

@frog. I'm sorry to hear you are wobbly today and on the edge of panic.
I try two totally different things when panic is creeping up on me.
1 - I do deep breathing exercises. Find a quiet space to sit or lie down (whatever is comfortable today).
I take a deep long breath into my belly - so my belly rises up. When my belly is full, I slowly release all the breath.
I do 3 or 5 of these deep breaths & then I start bringing my breath back to a more natural rhythm. And I sit or lie there simply breathing in and out. Focusing on the breath.
Often (because I used to practice this technique daily) - it could prevent a full blown panic attack and calm me right down.
2 - I sleep. Do Sodoku puzzles, colour in, watch mind numbing tv (nothing serious or heavy), put on some CD's I like, have a long shower (focusing on the feel of the water on my skin), go outside to my backyard (feel safe here) & listen to the noises - birds singing, barking dogin the distance, etc. What flowers are out in my garden at the mmoment? Walk up and smell them. Look at their colour, their complex or simple patterns. Maybe cut some flowers and put them in a vase in your favorite room.

It's hard when feeling panicked. Try a few different diversion tactics.
I do hope you start feeling better real soon.

Thanks @utopia The breathing exercises help. If I can keep moving/distract myself the panic will pass. The overwhelming urge is to hide in bed but I find that doesn't help and the anxiety has nowhere to go. Hope your evening is looking good.

I'm plummetting. This is how it goes. I struggle and struggle until one morning, yesterday, I wake up and depression has taken hold. I wanted to be in Forumland yesteray because it lets me feel less alone but I couldn't get on. It wouldn't load, or if it did everything was jumbled and I couldn't navigate. My son said there was too much traffic for it and it was loading in HTML5. I just know it was terrible timing. I can't stay here because I have to get to work. I feel like it's too heavy a weight but I have no leave and I can't lose the job. I was off work yesterday and tried to rest but I feel so anxious about what I'm not doing. Either way I just want to cry and/or find an out.

Sorry you had trouble getting on to the forum @frog and that depression has taken hold. It's so hard when that fog comes in and clouds us. Here's hoping today is ok at work. Wishing you the best. 💜😊

Thanks @Teej the middle of the day is the easiest so I'm making the most of it.

Hello @soul @Shaz51 @CheerBear @Former-Member and anyone else floating around at the moment. I just thought I'd say hi because I have been missing in action this week. I've checked in now and then but when I'm down it feels like I have nothing worth saying. I'm glad it's the weekend because going slow is not such a problem. At work this week my brain just would not get into gear. Hope you are all travelling ok. I'm grateful to all the understanding forum folk. Here I don't have to expend energy pretending it's 'all good'.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance