Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Right now, I made another of my frequent mistakes.

Hi guys,

Just reading your discussion, reminded me of something. This person I know once told me something - "it's not what you did in the past, it's what you are doing today that counts".

Now the gentleman that told me this happens to be a 75 year old man, that has fed and clothed homeless people for over 50 years (longer than I have been alive). His story has been told in books, and he even has an Order of Australia medal to acknowledge his work.

His comment came off the back of me telling him that he was a legend for all the work he has done.And that's all he said - "it's not what you did in the past, it's what you are doing today that counts". He said it doesn't matter how many people he has helpled in the past, what counts is how many people he is helpling today.

I reckon we should all take that same philosophy with ourselves, INCLUDING OUR MISTAKES. Forget the errors, it's the person we are NOW that counts.

Hobbit.

Re: Right now, I made another of my frequent mistakes.

Hi @PeppiPatty ,

Each week when I come onto these forums, I always look forward to hearing how you are going.

And you too @Alessandra1992 

You guys have some really great insights which I always enjoy reading.

So just a quick note to say hi to you!!

Hobbit.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance