Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

Stuck

I feel very stuck which is strange because outwardly my life looks quite the opposite. Inside though I feel trapped like I am stuck on a roller coaster and unable to move or get off the ride. I feel like I am hovering on the edge of having a breakdown and I can neither breakdown and go over nor can I take a step back to somewhere more comfortable. Internally I feel like I am screaming but I have to be fine on the outside because I have to keep up this front or my outward freedom will too be gone and I will be both physically and mentally trapped inside of a cage I can not escape from. I knew this would happen and that I would feel like this but I thought I could accept it better, I suppose it isn’t like I have a choice I will accept it regardless of if I can or not. Nothing in my life is to be free everything is a trade or exchange. Either way this is my fault I am stuck in my own mess and I suppose I am being ungrateful. 

3 REPLIES 3
Teej
Community Elder

Re: Stuck

Hi 👋🏻 @Eden1919 

Just wanted to say that I identified with the feeling you are talking about. It's like waiting for the storm to come even though there isn't any storms forecast. 

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

@Teej  Yes it is a bit like that being ready and waiting to evacuate from a huge storm but you never end up going. 

I've had a similar stuck feeling being trapped in my old career which was unreliable casual work sometimes and not being able to apply for anything else. And I blamed myself for this, its an awful feeling and depression came with it plus a hospital admission. I try these days to remember something a good friend once told me is that depression lies to us, its terribly convincing at the time but most of the time its lies not truth that we are told.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance