Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Rebecca73
Casual Contributor

Trichotillomania of the eyelashes

Does it still count as trichotillomania if you arent pulling the hair out? I have played/rubbed my eyelashes since a baby. I don’t pluck/pull them out but they do fall out on their own from the excessive rubbing. I have little to no eyelashes. I was good for ages and then in November I switched back to ‘antidepressants’ and the urge came back and it was strong and compulsive that I couldn’t stop. I keep doing it all day and night and when I wake up in the morning my eyes are swollen and full of sticky stuff. It’s just so soothing and relaxing. Anyone else do this? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Trichotillomania of the eyelashes

Welcome, @Rebecca73 ...I'm sorry you are suffering this. It sounds painful, too 😢 

Do you have a GP or psychologist or psychiatrist who could help you with the diagnosis?

You can type anything into the Search bar above to find threads on that topic. Also, a handy forum tip to tag someone is to type @ and then click on their name in the drop-down box - that way they'll get a notification that you've replied to them.

P.S. Just a note: we're not allowed to mention the names of medications, so would you be able to change it to "an antidepressant"? You can edit by clicking on "Post Options" on the top right of your post. 

Nice to have you here 🙂

Yes I have a GP and psychiatrist. I’ve told them. I’ll bring it up again next appointment. Post amended to! Sorry, didn’t realise 

Thanks for amending your post @Rebecca73  🙂

I'm glad you have some professional supports. Good luck when you bring it up with them 🤞

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance