Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

What do you say?

Hi all, 

I don't know what to say and what the 'right' answers are or how to explain myself when people that are close to me ask: why do you go to hospital? How do you know when you have to go to hospital? What mental illness diagnosis is giving you grief when you go to hospital? Do you just wake up and decide to suicide? Why do you try to suicide?  What happens when you don't want to live? ... ... ...

I don't know answers. I don't know how to make sense and I know that I can sometimes see I'm irrational, but I can't change it. I know people want to help, but I feel bad when I can't answer their question. I just wish I didn't say anything. Making people upset without being able to help them understand.

How do you deal with questions? 

1 REPLY 1

Re: What do you say?

@Former-Member  I don’t think I deal with questions any differently to you. I don’t know why it’s so hard for many to understand, but it’s not just you, a lot of us feel the same way.

I wonder if people don’t really want to understand. It might be too confronting. I don’t think you can sit with deep pain, and not be changed, whether you are the one feeling it, or the one listening to it.

Not very helpful, I’m sorry, but definitely hearing you , with more than my eyes. 💕💕💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance