Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Serenity1
Senior Contributor

truely alone

When you call up your dad who u don't have contact with for emotional support & end up crying about how stressed out you are & try to explain the horrible feelings & emotions your going through & talk about how close u are to breaking & he changes the subject & cuts the call short & hangs up- the one person in my family left- I am truely alone 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: truely alone

We're so sorry to hear about the call with your dad @Serenity1. Please know that you aren't alone, we are all here supporting you. How are you feeling now?

@Ali11 still alone & hopeless, scared, exhausted & I want to give up - I know so many ppl are so supportive on this forum- & that is so kind & helpful- but having not one single person in my physical life who cares or wants to lend a hand, or just give me a hug is so hard to deal with & it's killing me- not having a connection in real life-( besides my daughter)- who actually cares how I feel, when I feel I am drowning from this depression & my heart is going to break from feeling the never ending pain that just does not stop makes me not want to get up in the Morning. I don't think it will ever go away it just gets worse & worse- I'm sick of suffering to be completely honest

@Serenity1 If your dad cant give you the care you need you are better off keeping it more business like with him.  I never had any care for how I was feeling from my family.  My dad died when I was young and my mother was just too damaged to give care.  There are certain advantages and strengths in being on your own.  At least you can focus on your own wellbeing without being extra stressed by meeting many people's needs. Just worry about you and your child. In many ways we are all alone, as it is rare that others can totally get all our feelings.  So there are always compromises. Start getting nurture from what genuinely is helpful for you.  Build on that.

Hugs.  I know it is only cyberspace ... 

Looking for lightLooking for light

Sorry to hear that, @Serenity1! Sending love Heart

The loneliness and isolation of feeling like no one in our physical life "gets it" or cares can be quite deflating. One thing to remember is that the people in your physical life are only the ones you've met so far, you'll definitely meet people who will be there for you in a more noticeable way, but we have to get up and get out to meet those people. It's a real challenge at times!

I read a book last year that was really helpful, it's called The Courage To Be Disliked and is based on a combination of psychology and philosophy. If you haven't read it, it's a quick read; it's written as a conversation between a philosopher and a student who is questioning him.

I hope you're doing something for yourself today, even if it's just a brief smile and break from that feeling of helplessness Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance