Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

whybother
New Contributor

why bother

My family is in a really tough financial spot right now and I feel like there's nothing I can do about it. It's actually making me feel even worse than I already do. My stepdad is currently not working and no one else in the family has a job. My mum can't get a job because of her mental health, I can't get one because I'm autistic and can barely function in society, and my brother doesn't actually have any excuses because he's able-bodied. He's just really lazy.

Please don't bother telling me to get a job. I've heard it a million times already and it's not as easy as you think it is. If it was I would've done it years ago instead of becoming a shut in for 13 years.

Please don't tell me to call a hotline either. I don't have a phone and I can't ask my parents to borrow either of theirs, because then they'd find out I'm suicidal which would make things a lot worse. They don't care about me as it is, so I doubt they'd bother getting help for me if I try anything. They won't even take me to the dentist even though several of my teeth have fallen out and even more are rotting away.

I don't have any friends. I can't go anywhere. I'd rather just end it all instead of suffer.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: why bother

Hi whybother,

i’m really sorry to hear that things are so difficult for you at the moment. You’ve shown a lot of strength in coming to the forums and seeking support.

You’ve shown great courage in reaching out here and I hope you continue to do so. It is the middle of the night in most of Australia but I am sure once forum members log on during the morning and day they will rally round and support you.

Please take care and look after yourself. I have sent you an email

Marchhare (Forum moderator)

@whybother  Hey whybother welcome to the forums. I am glad that you have mustered up the strength to reach out to the forum community. I have two kidults on the spectrum and my daughter with aspergers always calls herself a shutin. Do you have a good, trusted gp that you can talk to about your problems. That would be my go to place. There are organizations who can help you. Do you have a psychiatrist? psychologist? did you know that your gp can arrange free psychologist appointments for you? There are people out there in the wider community that can help. If you want to talk further put a @ in front of my name or others and they will be notified of your post. Take care. greenpea

hello @whybother and welcome
it sounds very tough for you atm.
Being over 18, you are able to go to the drs yourself without them having to tell your parents anything, so im wondering if you would consider speaking to your gp about getting a mental health care plan drawn up? most drs and also psychologists can arrange appointments through emails.

Also many helplines now also have webchat so can be accessed through computers as well. would this be an ok option for you to try?

Hi @whybother just wanted to say that I read your post and it sounds like things are very hard atm. People on the forum can be good company and good to talk to if you feel alone. Take care.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance