Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: why can't I cope longer?

I would love to hear all about your van progress @Former-Member - definitely not boring Smiley Happy

You already have a few things sorted so that is good - just grab a few things when you are able to as you do up the van - that is when you find one of course.

Go the portaloo.

Smiley Tongue

@Former-Member 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Haha @Appleblossom  you're funny

Found a portaloo at Aldi for $40 √ Have no idea how it will work or be cleaned... Hope to stay in caravan park camping, with share kitchen & amenities, so probably never use it. Unless... well, you know... its complicated... lol

@Zoe7 ... I shall endeavor to keep yas up to date, nice to have someone interested 🙂

Are you having a good week? I'll see if i can find your usual thread & see. Something thats helped my energy a bit and might help you... Ive been taking one of those B-Complex fizzy drinks & add reason mag powder & drink with breakfast. I have to take iron too.

Mostly the tiredness in the morning is as a result of my night meds @Former-Member I am having them earlier and that seems to be helping somewhat. I already take supplements including vit D and we have reduced one of my night meds. That has resulted in me waking up during the night and more dreams/nightmares so it is still hard to get it all right. My pdoc wants to keep my meds at there current dosage for anoth couple of weeks and see if it all levels out a bit more. I m hoping thst is the case. Just trying to get through each day and get to the school holidays at the moment.

@Former-Member 

Smiley Happy

It would be great to hear about your van.  I especially value practical ladies, though I cannot do that kind of stuff anymore.  In last 15 years I have gradually healed as I dug in my roots and discovered my own version of nesting, which is not necessarily Home Beautiful.  Homelessness and Nesting can be a delicate path to walk.  I also lived in a house but did not feel at home there.

@Exoplanet is a practical person, with a sense of humour too, so I am tagging her to this thread ... you probably can share things ...

Take Care

Apple

Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh @Zoe7, that sounds horrible, juggling mood altering drugs on top of big life changes, you show great resilience and courage to persevere through till the holidays, a month away I think, it helps mevto know your struggle so I don't feel so alone and maybe a bit of 'if she can do it so can I' kinda thing. Thank you for being here. Have you ever travelled?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Appleblossom, glad you want to hear about my van home...
"Practical ladies" are hard to find 🙂
What 'stuff' can't you do anymore? Travelling or building things?
Glad you have found healing in pooting down roots. I need and want that so much but don't know where I belong and how yo start again, so getting this travel bug out my system, beats suicide, and I can keep my dog.
Homelessness and Nesting probably is a delicate pathe to walk but I one thing about being suicidal... nothing matters, and atm I have the means. I know I'm running, and my body isn't well but it energises me andvi haven't felt that for aclong time.
@Exoplanet - youre welcome here, (practical person, with humour... 🙂 ).
My first wuestion - can you tell me how to secure items in my van so they don't roll around the back - how do i drill something into steel?

EOR

Thanks @Former-Member I think we all feed off each other with how we are going and find comfort that we are not alone in what we are going through. 

I have travelled through Europe, Great Britain and Ireland. There were some places I would have liked to go to but ran out of money so had to come home. It was a great experience though. I actually made the decision to do teaching whilst I was overseas and came back and enrolled in that degree as soon as I got back - so it was a great trip for many reasons. How about you - have you travelled?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Wow! Europe @Zoe7, then teaching... You've lived well 🙂 I've only been yo NZ & PNG, but moved & lived many places up the east coast Australia from Mackay to Kiama, don't like the big smoke, so exploring regional centres.

Hey, big news, I bought a bigger van. They offered a redicilous trade in on my car so I'll sell that myself. I pick up my new home on wheels tomorrow, yikes!
Oo! actually just felt some butterflies. This is a good sign. Thank you for listening.

AND, I found a new Dr today, she's lovely, andvi think it will work so much better than the other money hungry one. Also, that other surgery is where my cousin goes for his antipsychotic injections so I worry they stigmatise me & look for / expect psychosis when I'm not coping and I don't need that, or the fear of it / staff gossip. My cuz is pretty bad, and racist and aggressive and manipulative and does drugs... Kinda affects the whole family as everyone there knows us...
Anyway, hope that didn't offend anyone, just my anxiety I think.
And hope this new Dr goes well. I'm really not well, feels like im gonna die soon, so be good to rule out physical causes. She's ordered a full blood workup.

One step at a time...

Oh wow @Former-Member 2 pieces of great news in one day - both the van and a new gp. I am very happy for you Hon 🤸‍♀️👍😀

It is good that this new gp has ordered tests - and is listening to you. That is so important in a gp. I have a very thorough gp as well and she listens. She has helped me so much through the last couple of years and I really am grateful to have had her in my corner.

I have also been to NZ - absolutely loved it. I could quite happily live in Wellington Smiley Very Happy I was brought up in the country but have lived in the city most of my life but Hobart is more of a large town than a major city so it is perfect for me.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance