Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Are you feeling alone? Carers Support and Discussion // Tues 25 Feb, 7pm AEDT

@Former-Member  "encouraging others" 😍😍😍 How beautiful. Also can relate to the healing that occurs in the funnies as well. Laughter is my favourite form of therapy 🙂 Thank you.

Re: Topic Tuesday // Are you feeling alone? Carers Support and Discussion // Tues 25 Feb, 7pm AEDT

Yes coffeeimages - 2020-02-22T072901.179.jpeg

and music

images - 2020-02-22T211812.902.jpeg

Ohh yes coffee with mum @Former-Member , @nashy 

@Former-Member The meerkats 😂

Ducking 🦆 our to walk the hound, back soon ...

Final question crew 🙂

@Shaz51 @Former-Member Expanding more on finding social connection or feeling more supported, what are some blockers that tend to get in the way? As we reflect on the blockers, what are some ways we can work around them?

I have noted time has come up as a recurring issue tonight, is there any way we can reframe or re-work our schedules to feel more in touch with our needs as carers?

Hi @nashy  + everyone

Joining in late here. 

Q1. Echo others here. Sane forums have been invaluable for me. 

What do I enjoy

Other than recently taking up motocycle riding not a lot. Even that is an effort a lot of the time. I am always glad when I make that effort.   

So great to hear about the motorcycling! @Determined I can imagine this is very therapeutic indeed 🙂 It's nice to have a key skill or interest like this to focus in on. Also really happy to hear the SANE forums have provided some support Heart

I have really appreciated the encouragement received here. It is good to be able to discuss emotions with people who understand without having to justify or defend the ones we care for at the same time. 

Being able to encourage others at different times is also uplifting. It is good to know one is not alone. 

Feeling lonely in a house full of people is tireing 😕  but I know I am not unique in that emotion. 

hello @Determined@Mrsjones 

that is a good question @nashy 

i love my mr shaz , but i can not drive , this stops me big time 

but i have found Facebook , sane forum and keeping in touch with family by phone or texting  helps me from going into loneliness 

is there any way we can reframe or re-work our schedules to feel more in touch with our needs as carers?--- it is very hard , when i might have time , others do not have time 

this afternoon i was able to get my hair done before the doctor rang me and then i texted mr shaz to pick me up 

then went to the chemist for mum before closing time 

then with my physical problems as well , need to re arrange my time xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance