Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Exploring Loneliness // Tues 18 Sep, 7pm AEDT

@utopia - you've described exactly how I feel! I feel pathetic and desperate trying to organise something with them. I think that's another part of not feeling lonely - having people who want to spend that time with you, just because they enjoy your company. 

@EK1 - check out your local newspapers - or search online community gardens are a growing thing. 

Absolutely @Zoe7.  It really does take time.  It's good to hear that you're starting to enjoy the group.

@BlueBay is there anything you can think of that will edge you closer to a real connecction?

It’s hard @suzanne I’m not sure 

Oh yeah, @utopia, I know that desperation feeling, or I chat too long with a neighbour, they end up making an excuse and hurryng away. 😞 makes me want to cry sometimes.

@suzanne I was just speaking to a lecturer about commnity gardens today. They are certainly an under utilised method of deepening connections to yourself, your peers and the earth. Such a brilliant idea!

Well I went to my monthly MH Support Group last Saturday @suzanne

I'm the only continuing member - so I keep on greeting new people (each time). So far, no one has come back unfortunately.

I have a Date this coming Saturday (we haven't met yet) - so that gives me a possibility for some social connection.

Adge

@Jonty8 - I know.  You want them to make you  a priority. 

I have to go and make dinner for us. But thank you everyone here and @suzanne for moderating. I will think on what kind of group I might feel comfortable with as an alternative to volunteering somewhere. (thanks one and all!)

My strategy isn't something I can do immediately.  But it's something I definitely want to do.  I'm moving (again) in two months.  And this time I'm going to get to know the neighbours.  I'm going to propose a monthly get together.  Gulp.  Sounds very bold when I write that down.  And who knows if we'll even like each other!  But I'm sick of not knowing the people around me and it'll only change if I take action.  Another gulp.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance