Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Exploring Loneliness // Tues 18 Sep, 7pm AEDT

@Adge That is amazing! Good on you

I am already part of a group that meets monthly & that is quite enough for me

Anyone who knows you from the forum would have a hard time relating to the idea of you not having anything contribute @Zoe7!  You need to channel your online self in the offline world!

Thanks @Pinky Very unexpected.

Considering that I was scared to speak to her.

I was convinced that she was ignoring the 5m long hole in the fence (mostly on the ground).

In fact, my neighbour wanted to replace the fence (with a new one) - as much as I did.

We paid half each.

Adge

Good night @BlueBay.  Take care.

Thank you @suzanne - that is very kind of you to say. Maybe this group will be something I can contribute to in the offline world - will have to wait and see.

I think that getting 'shutdown' for most of my life has had a significant impact on me forming relationships and thinking I have anything to contribute in the offline world - self- confidence and self-worth are such huge things.

@Adge It's so daunting to make the first step in communicating. My bestfriend of 8 years ignored me completely the first time we spoke. I later found out that she lives herself with similar mental health struggles. 

Definitely comes back to the projection of potentially negative thoughts/feelings/fears onto others, unfortunately a very ingrained mechanism of loneliness and mental illness. I hope your friendship stays strong x

I agree with Suzanne you’d be awesome in a group @Zoe7 💜

@Zoe7 you now are in the perfect position to test my fav theory that confidence built through online connections can carry-over! 

Ooops.  Sorry, just realised how much pressure that's creating!  Sorry. Scratch that thought entirely.  You'll have enough on your plate without dragging a theory around with you. 

So, final thought on this, yourself is a lovely thing.  Just take that.

I've gotta go get dinner. Thanks @suzanne and everyone else for tonight's discussion! I really enjoyed my first Tuesday Topic. I feel a little less lonely after this! 🙂

I hope everyone has a great week!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance