Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Sexuality and intimacy // Tues 24 July, 7pm AEDT

I like the commitment one. I think some ppl may prefer spontaneous but I can see how it may be important to say, well let's do it twice a week for example

Thanks @suzanne I've just read my way through.

We've had an interesting discussion, with good insights going.

Adge

Yes @winni, finding a good relationship can be just as hard as keeping it going!  Mind you, I often joke that my own relationship is really founded on fatigue.  We're just too tired to contemplate an alternative! 

What do you think is holding you back?

@suzanne I know hubby doesn’t judge. It’s me. And it’s bad. I have a lot of issues. It’s too hard. I need to. I’m sorry. I can’t do this. 

MH issues do impact on our self-conficence.

Speaking for myself, my CPTSD symptoms & struggles leave me seriously doubting my ability to have new relationships - even though I have had a good track record in the past.

Adge

Yes @Shakeelah25, I thought that scheduling sex was a really interesting idea.  It could be seen as more pressure but the people who suggested it found it liberating.  They didn't need to be spontaneous or worry that simple touch was going to lead to more.  They had it set and it suited their relationship.  Not for everyone but very helpful for some.

Hi...so I have bipolar 2 disorder. 2 and a half years ago I started medication to help me with the mental illness. BUT it's absolutely killed my sex drive to the point it's affecting my relationship. I was an extremely sexual person until I started the pills so im frustrated and I don't know what to do. I've searched online for answers and barely found much. So I guess my question is....who else has this problem and how do you deal with it? 

So the confidence is connected to your health rather than appearance or performance @Adge.  Are you thinking that it may affect a new relationship in more ways than sex and intimacy?

definitely something to consider

Hi @suzanne and everyone else here. Thanks for the reminder Suzanne and sorry I'm late. Carer duties come first. 😀  I have just read through and am all up to date with convo so far. Will be following along live now for as long as I can.

Sherry

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance