Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Appleblossom
Community Elder

Alt2su Research Report released

A quote from the Alt2su report ... released in September 2023.

"(I realised) we don't have to go down the medical narrative; that we don't have to just accept it. We
don't have to accept what psychiatrists are saying to us as being the truth, our own truth.

Re-thinking the ‘mental illness’ narrative of understanding emotional and suicidal distress and being
able to explore the role of the assigned psychiatric labels in their lives and to practice not using
labels in relation to their experiences was framed as an important aspect of being in Alt2Su spaces:"

@chibam and any who are interested ...

I just know chibam cares about these things.

Alt2su ... is an approach that permits discussion and is not coercive or interventionist when people are in deep despair and distress.  Alternatives to Suicide are more likely the topic than not.

Dont seem to be able to post pdf ... if interested please do own research.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Alt2su Research Report released

Okay. I give in. I can't find any referance to a recently released report from the Alt2su movement. Best I was able to track down was this page: https://alt2su-nsw.net/research/, which mentions that a report will be released soon on that page. 😐

@chibam 

I've posted the links below.

There's a link to a pdf  "This report (available here) presents the findings and implications of interviews and focus groups with 19 people who have attended and/or facilitated Alt2Su groups in New South Wales.."

: The Link  to pdf.

Also

"If you are unable to view the document via the link above, please email us at alt2su.nsw@insideoutconversations.com.au to request a copy be emailed to you."

Further down the page, it also has a link to a postcard.

2022/09/Alt2Su_postcard.pdf 

Thank you, @Neuroemergent .🙂 I probably should've been keeping an eye on this, but TBH, I forgot about it.

Very interesting read thus far. I haven't finished reading the report, but it certainly does seem to be advocating for an interesting new direction. Certainly can't be any worse then the old one; but I'm still wondering if there's some missed opportunities with this approach.🤔

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance