Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Holiday time - self care alphabet

@Shaz51  F is also for fingernails (getting them made pretty) and floating in the pool.

G is for gratefulness for the little things and gifts we give ourselves (I bought a CD today from a guy who does shows in WA with music from people like Frank Sinatra and Sammy DavisJnr)

wonderful @cutiepiekitty Heart

H is for Holidays -- ahhhhhhhhhh for 8 days Heart

@DesertRat, @Lauz , @Appleblossom , @cutiepiekitty , @LadyCaroline , @LadyleahRDBloom , @Razzle , @Peri , @Exoplanet 

@Shaz51 I for Ice cream J for Jelly

yummmm @cutiepiekitty 

K is for Kitten , soft and cuddly xxx

@DesertRat, @Appleblossom , @Former-Member , @Former-Member 

Lots of Love and Laughter.

... I wish

Heart

M for ME time

N is for Nurturing. Self nurturing. It is a great way to feel better and do something nice for ourselves. 

Here are 20 ways we can Nurture ourselvesSmiley Happy

1. Be Grateful (Keep a Gratitude Journal . . . write down 5 things you are grateful for each day)

2. Practice Relaxation Techniques/Relaxation Therapy

3. Surround Yourself with Positive People (Choose people who help you grow and thrive, Re-connect with loved ones with whom you’ve lost touch)

4. Practice Kindness and Compassion (Remember to help and pray for others)

5. Give Praise and Let Go of Criticism

6. Visualize (Choose where you want to be vs. where you are for your visualizations)

7. Listen to Music You Enjoy (and if you can, dance)

8. Exercise (Choose something you really enjoy, why not try a type of mind/body/spirit exercise like yoga, tai chi or qi gong?)

9. Learn Proper Self-Care (Get enough sleep, detoxify, eat a healthy, balanced diet and drink plenty of water . . . learn to listen to your body)

10. Create a Comfort Drawer for Yourself (fill it with goodies you love including favorite teas, bubble bath, magazines, the sky’s the limit!)

11. Follow Your Bliss (Use your creativity, gifts and talents . . .begin a hobby or career you are passionate about)

12. Read a Good Book or Watch a Great Movie (Why not try reading some poetry?)

13. Laugh (Laughter truly is the best medicine)

14. Seek Solitude (Meditate, go within and get creative, try a fun excursion by yourself)

15. Use Positive Affirmations (Make a conscious choice to be happy)

16. Take A Long, Hot Bath (Add soft music and candlelight for ambience or some relaxing aromatherapy Lavender . . . simply add a couple of drops of Lavender essential oil)

17. Spend Time with Your Pet(s)

18. Have a Cup of Your Favorite Coffee or Tea (Chamomile Tea is especially relaxing; avoid caffeine before bed)

19. Get Out in Nature (Try a walking meditation in the warm sunshine, spending time near the water, cloudwatching or enjoying a beautiful sunset)

20. Get a Massage (Touch can be very healing)

HeartHeartHeart

O is for being open minded about things. Being open minded and a bit curious about a tricky day. As I write this I’ve been dreading tomorrow and waiting for it to be over. I think maybe approaching tomorrow from an open minded perspective might help me get through the day and look for the little moments that count. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance