Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

I have felt the winds of change blowing @CheerBear , and do t know what to do about it, other than hold tight and hope they don’t loosen things up too much ..... I hope that is cryptically somewhat helpful, if only in solidarity .....

Solidarity is super, super helpful @Faith-and-Hope, thank you ❤

thank you @Teej  for your post  and sitting with you HeartHeart

Hello @Faith-and-Hope , @CheerBear , @outlander , sending you hugs for today

Well i was way off the mark @CheerBear :face_with_rolling_eyes:.   It is something though that I can see how it feels extra big and messy. I’m so sorry about what you’ve been going through. I think it’s really important to be able to use your supports here though. I understand you had to put on some big girl pants to write what is upsetting you. As far as I can see as long as you don’t get specific here it should be ok to get support. I’m sorry that you are feeling alone with it. It is also so important for all of us that care so much to understand what is happening for you. I really hope that is understood. It’s been a really tricky time on the forum all round. 

I obviously can’t talk specifics but hope that you find this helpful that we understand why and how you hurt. Still sitting under that blanket with you knowing that this is something taking it’s toll on you. I wish I could do more. I know you can and will still change the world. 💜🤗😘

Lumpy throat, leaky eyes and a giant amount of thanks @Teej. I wish I could bottle you up and give some of you to you when you're feeling shaky. You are great soul medicine and gently encouraging me to talk and giving me space to do so, has been very helpful ❤

I have one down with a fever and one looking like they're on their way down this afternoon too. Time for me to play nurse mum now 😷🤒

😘👋

@CheerBear 🌈💐🦄

Lol with the gently getting you to talk @CheerBear . It was more like me coming to fix your broken arm. You tell me it’s not broken so I assume it’s the other one. Rolling your eyes you tell me it’s your leg that’s broken.... I still go to the wrong leg 😜😘😉. I hope kidlets are ok😷🤒. Have my sharks arriving soon. I just had a DM on the phone with one talking about anxiety. He’ll be fine, he is so proactive. 💜🤗

@CheerBear Sending you much love and massive hugs Hon. I, like others, do not understand exactly what is happening for you but very much want you to know how much we respect, appreciate and care for you. This community only works because of people like you being in it - you are so integral to this community and would be very much missed if you were not here. I do hope you can receive that communication you need from those that need to provide it. This feels a bit like deja vu for me - we have been here before and that was also not handled well - I hope I am off the mark myself though and this has a different outcome. Very much sitting with you even when we are not here CB 💐🌺🌷🌸💜💙💚🧡💛

I'm not having a very good day today and am feeling sad and alone with it. I have two that have come down with some kind of nasty bug which has completely wiped them out with fevers. Both slept in with me last night until one woke throwing up (all over the bed). I spent the rest of the night up with them in the lounge room, us sleeping on and off. Both have spent the day in bed and on the lounge, one half asleep and one who has barely woken up.

I'm tired and was probably run down before now so I have had no energy to do the things I have needed today. I've pushed myself to do the washing from the sick bugs and have been trying to motivate myself to make dinner for the last couple of hours but can't get there yet.

Middle had their cast off last week and the next day was complaining it was very sore. They had x-rays done, a brace put on, and the report came through this afternoon (thankfully the Dr was happy to speak over the phone as I couldn't get them to the appointment today). The break hasn't healed or united and they now have to see a surgeon in a few days 🙁 I feel sad and worried about that.

These are some of the times that single parenting really gets to me. I feel a very big weight on tired shoulders and a huge sense of pressure juggling lots of needs.

Last night I had bad dreams about their dad. I dreamt he had a new family and was a completely different person. Kind, caring, fun, gentle and loving. I have no idea where that came from but it sucked to wake up to.

I wish there was another person here to take over sometimes or share the load with. Days like today can be a sinking sadness trap for me that I don't want to fall into.

I'm feeling very blue today about a lot of stuff 🙁

Hearing you @CheerBear , just wanted you to know that. I was just about to get off the forum and do some important things (yucky legal things). I hope your blues don’t stay. So sorry about middles news.

099CEC94-61E5-41D5-A760-1D17D925C848.jpeg

I tried to find a soft caring gentle flower arrangement that might help with the sad. 💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance