Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Mum with schizoeffective is lonely

Hi @Revs,

I don't want to presume but the dedicated love you show for your mum and the other family connections you mentioned suggest you come from a loving family and I imagine you are the loving daughter you are because your mum raised you that way.

A loving family is one of the best forms of support you can have. Don't take everything on your own shoulders.

All the best.

Sorry I only just saw this post @Former-Member .. thanks for the advice about the wellways class. I'm sorry to hear about the tough times you've had with Mr Darcy. Glad he didn't part with $, that's another problem mum has is spending sprees when she is unwell so I can really relate to that.

How is Mr Darcy these days?

Revs

Hi @Oby46

Yes I definitely come from a very loving family and mum really did raise my sister and I very well. She was quite well for most of our childhood, only having bad episodes in her early 20s, post natal and now at this stage of her life. I feel like its a mid-life crisis only exacerbated by her mental illness. I hope we can find some stability soon. Thanks for your support and kind words.

Revs

Hey @Revs
Hope mum is more settled when she comes home. As we so very well know, mental illness is rarely static and I would really encourage you to get that support happening.
Darcy
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance