Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Help, need to talk

Hi @Doglover , I'm sorry about the missing/lost post, that seems to happen to you more than most.  It's happened to me a few times and its so frustrating when it occurs on a phone.  Sometimes you can go back and there is a 'link' you can press that may recover it.  Its worked once or twice for me anyway.

Thanks so much for writing out a reply again, I know it must be diffucult for you. 

Maybe you and your husband can look at getting the carers support for him as @eth suggested and perhaps you could look at applying for the NDIS to get further support for yourself. 

It sure sounds like you could do with it and it might alleviate some of the pressure on your marriage..  I can only imagine how much your mind is racing, its not a healthy state to be in for so long.  I was manic for a few weeks and it had a pretty devastating impact on me, coupled with poor sleep, the outcomes aren't good DL.

No need to apologise @Doglover , none whatsoever.  Wish I could do more to help you, I really do.  I can only say that deep down inside you are the same person you were, the woman your husband fell in love with. 

I know it might be diffucult to look for more help, financially, time wise, emotionally and so on, but, I really think its worth a shot.  As Eth said, if you can address the sleeping issue, it should bring you at least some relief.  

Try and be mindfuli with your eating, have healthy things when you can.  I know it might be diffucult as this is probably one of the few pleasures left open to you. 

Can you maybe look at doing some crafts or hobbies that you enjoy, reading or colouring in, something to keep your thoughts focussed and from spiralling round and round?

Take care my friend, lots of Heartand hugs.  Please keep checking in when you can, even just click the support button if you don't feel like writing anything. 🙂

@Doglover  Hi i am sorry you are having a really hard time. have you heard of Akatisia? it is a side effect from psych drugs mostly anti pyschotics but it has also been seen in antidepressants and a few others, and it is essentially a movement disorder that makes people unable to sit still or they start feeling physical pain and severe discomfort it is like a type of severe agitation as i understand it. https://www.medprodisposal.com/akathisia-15-things-to-know-about-this-horrible-condition/ this is a good source at explaining it and from what you have said on here is sounds A LOT like that. the site is an easy read and is mostly dot points so shouldnt be super taxing. 

I also second the sugestion of finding different doctors not all doctors are equal and some quite frankly just suck. so if possible I would start looking now for someone else. as for your husband, is there a way you can do something simple together that draws the focus away from the mental health issues for even a short while. like go for a walk or maybe kick a ball around an oval. when you are the person with MH issues they kind of sneak up on you and you get very used to living with them and while i still think over all it is more difficult being the person to have it as you cant ever take a break i do think people in particular people with no past experience of mh can get quite shocked and tired when it all comes out of the other person, like they dont have the stamina to deal with it that you have had to grow and they get tired very quickly and overwhelmed and to them leaving this issues is possible so then it becomes like a "what would i rather" issue for them. the person with it is just stuck so they feel uncomfortable when people say they cant take it anymore. but if you can do something fun and make that time in no way related to mental health issues he might be reminded of the other things that make it worth it, if that makes any sense. 

anyway sorry for the lenght i really reccommend reading the article and i hope you feel better soon. 

here for you @Doglover HeartHeart

Thanks @Shaz51 . U still around?

@Doglover  Hearing you. So very sorry things are this bad still. I wish I had something to offer to help. Sending kind thoughts your way. 💜💕💜💕

Hi @Doglover  just want you to know I'm thinking of you today Smiley Happy

I am here @Doglover  and thinking of you Heart

Hi @Shaz51 , thank u. Am still going thru an impossibly difficult time. Every day and every night is just torture

Have you got a coping box my friend @Doglover xx

No I haven't @Shaz51 . I don't think nething wld help me cope with what I'm going thru.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance