Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Struggling to Survive

sorry im no help to you tonight i just feel similar @Zoe7 - i wish there were answers and real help that helped quickly. hugs

Just knowing you get it is enough @Former-Member - the struggle continues for both of us Heart

Another sunrise, a new day, another night that I have made it through!

I closed my eyes - fearing I would not wake up but hoping that I didn't. How do you continue to go on living with such contradictions and competing thoughts. Every night is the same - frozen from my fears and drained from the turmoil within. Every morning brings with it the realisation I am still alive and the disappointment of having to face another day.

The day that I do not wake up will be the day that I am finally free!

I hear you @Zoe7. I so very badly wish I could magically heal your anguish. I know how dark the darkness can be and I know how hopeless the hopelessness can feel. I also know that shattered lives and broken souls can be healed...although trying to actually access those supports that can heal is another matter! I have nothing helpful to say...so I'm just going to sit here with you in the darkness.

blanket-nest.png

Thankyou @Phoenix_Rising Heart Just like @Former-Member - you don't need to say anything - knowing you get it is enough Heart I presume that those two last characters in the nest are not actually touching - as little turtle DOES NOT DO touching Smiley Happy

@Zoe7 if Zoe needs safe touching then Phoenix_Rising will provide safe touching. But shhhhhhhh, don't broadcast it around - this exception only applies to very very VERY special people. Smiley Happy

Shhhhhh @Phoenix_Rising - sooooo priviledged - and tears Smiley HappyHeart

Today began in darkness - another nightmare, another sudden wake from sleep. I tried to pull myself up and get on with the day but the wind began and so did my flashbacks. I do not want to remember and I do not want to feel. I want to sleep but am too afraid - even in the daylight today. So I sit, in silence, with the wind blowing outside and in my mind. I can nearly touch the branches of the tree that sway above me - but they are just out of reach - and I can't pull myself to safety. Frozen in body, frozen in mind, frozen in time! The numbness is only interrupted by waves of pain. Each breathe is a relief and a disappointment. There is nowhere to hide and no-one can save me. I am on my own - I am alone.

You are not alone @Zoe7

blanket-nest.png

You are not alone @Zoe7. Connect to yourself and I hope your treating team is able to help you do this, and to feel comfortable in your own skin. I am here and I am not going anywhere. Take a deep breathe and step out in the world- you can do this and I believe in you.

Panda Bear Desktop Wallpapers - HD Wallpapers Inn

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance