Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Supporting an already Depressed Partner through Cancer diagnosis

Just popping in to say hi @Former-Member. Hoping your day is a bit easier for you and that you are okay. Thinking of you xx

Thanks @Former-Member

• Image result for thanks

Thinking of you also @Former-Member 

@Former-Member @Former-Member  for each of you

images (8).jpegimages (8).jpeg

Oh @Former-Member, how lovely!  So thoughtful of you.  I hope you enjoy yours too @Former-Member.

@Determined, thanks so much for your message earlier as well.

Hubby has been pretty crook all day and it's really getting him down.  Still just as cranky!  I hope he starts to feel better soon.  His daughter (my step-daughter) and her husband and 2 kids are coming up to visit at the end of this week.  Not staying with us this time, which is a shame.  But also a relief, as the kids (7yo boy and 5yo girl) can be a real handful at times.  Gorgeous, but not ideal when you're really very sick.  So they are going to bring their camper trailer and stay at a local camping ground further up the coast.  So it will be nice for them, a real holiday.  And great for us too.  Hoping hubby will feel up to getting out somewhere by then.  I know he is starting to feel cabin fever setting in.

I hope you've all had a good weekend?  Quiet for me, and generally just trying to keep the peace and stay out of harms way.

Sherry  Heart

Thank you @Former-Member - this made my day. 

My weekend has been peaceful, enjoyed spending time in the pool cooling off and a bit of cross stitching in between taking care of hubby (he is in a lot of pain with his neck)

Have a lovely time with your visiting family @Former-Member 💕

Good afternoon everyone @Former-Member @Former-Member @Determined @Faith-and-Hope @Shaz51.

Mainly I wanted to thank you all for the support you've all offered over the past few days.  And I  do apologise that I havent responded more specifically to some of your lovely posts in that time.  Its been a difficult few days.

Hubby has been getting worse rather than better unfortunately.  Both health wise and mood wise, all goes hand in hand I guess.  I really really want him to be in at least a state where he can enjoy a visit from his daughter and grandkids on Thurs and Fri.  The way he's going right now, he wont be.

He had an appointment early this morning with a dermatologist to check on some of his skin cancers and to cut out one that she is concerned about.  But when hubby turned up she said 'no way', I'm not doing anything with you right now.  So she sent him home again with just a few little minor keratoses burned off on his arms and legs.  And she wont see him now until late August.  Then just before lunch time we saw the oncologist again.  Checked him over and all they can do is to increase his steriod dose again.  Sigh.  Back again on Thursday to review it again.  And instructions that if it gets worse (not sure it can really get much worse) any time out of hours, to take him to emergency.

So he's been stumbling around all morning, barely able to stand up.  And everything he eats goes straight through.  Half an hour ago he has gone off with his mate to the pub to have a few beers!  I just dont understand.  I would half understand if it improved his mood.  But it doesnt.  He always comes back angry, upset, and downright sick.  And then he tries his very best to create an argument, in any way he possibly can.  Right now, it doesnt take much to cause me to crack.  Inevitably he'll get his wish and an argument will ensue.

@Former-Member, how is your husband going now, I know he wasnt well?

@Faith-and-Hope, how is your new non-marriage arrangement working out for you?  Sorry I havent visited your thread lately.  I havent been on any lately.

Okay, I must go.  Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate you all.

Sherry Heart

Image result for I really appreciate you all 

•  
    Image result for I really appreciate you all

sending you tender hugs @Former-Member , sitting with you my friend HeartHeart

I’m on the run today @Former-Member ..... will catch up with you better tomorrow ...,, thinking of you tho.

Big hugs ...... 💜💐💕💜💐💕💜

Hugs here also @Former-Member 💐

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance