Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talking through trauma and PTSD

Mlw
Casual Contributor

How do you keep going when I just want to give in

Hi,

How do you find hope qnd purpose to keep going when you feel so defeated. 

Its like I'm constantly stuck in my thoughts, and alone. I can't find words to express it.

When I'm around others I completely disassociate,  

Ita liks I'm a person who is good for nothing other then to be hurt, abandoned or abused

7 REPLIES 7

Re: How do you keep going when I just want to give in

I just signed up to saneforums because I have been searching for physical support groups and can’t find any. Your question was the first I read and goodness it hits home. I feel the dissociation when around others and ive put myself in an invisible bubble. One thing I have tried which is small so only takes little effort, is manifesting. I picked up a small notebook and keep it in my bad. I try to use it when im feeling ok to increase that feeling and keep it going for longer. I write simple things. Mostly I write “I am Happy” over and over and over and hope that my brain rewires itself back into that belief. 

Its tough, I had always considered myself confident and content. And then one day I met someone who changed my whole self. My self image. My confidence. My decision making skills. My desire to see friends and family. All gone. Just like that. In a matter of 2/3 years. 

I hope the little book gives you some small steps towards recovery. 

Good on you for making the effort to post in the forum! I know the feelings you are talking about. I'm sorry for that pain you feel. I hear you.

I know how your feeling , trust Me I have been in this endless loop . If you need an ear I'll be here. Your worthy of a brighter future

Welcome everyone here @Mum1923 @Mlw @Mitzibelle @J22A 🙂

Great to have you with us.

Thank you for having me .

Just wanted to say hope you feel better. Here to lend an ear and support. Blue days come n go, but know that your worth is not linked to anything external. You are worthy, and you deserve to be happy. When I go blue and very sad, I try to remind myself of this.

Start with something small, make yourself a nice coffee, or take a walk with your favorite music on. It gets better.

Hi there @optik99 @Mlw @Mum1923 @Mitzibelle @J22A ,

We are in the middle of yet another week. How is everyone travelling so far this week?

For the first time in a while, the sun was out (but of course it turned a bit blustery later).

Hope you are all okay.

I'm here if you need a chat!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance