Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: How to accept help after a life of helping others

It is certainly more than ok for me @Hope4me - I wouldn't want to presume to speak for @Faith-and-Hope but I will lol - come on over my bug buddy Smiley Very Happy

@Hopr4me- hiya, I see you've met some pretty cool people on the forums already. I've just read your entire thread and there's a lot of similarities in our characters. I too, am a big helping person, but I'm learning through my experiences with my own MI and through the wonderful people on this site, I can ask and receive help too. You seem like a really nice person to know, so I just dropped by to say hello and welcome.

Hey and nice to meet you @Sans911 

It seems many on here relate to being a shoulder to cry on for all and sundry. Finding a healthy balance is more complex than desirable eh?

Come over an join us in TOR @Phoenix_Rising - F&H is teasing me - again - with images I have to wait for - this little flutterby's patience is diminishing by the minute with the increase in tiredness Smiley Surprised

Hello my new friends;

It was lovely to exchange silliness yesterday with everyone. @Zoe7 @Sans911 @Phoenix_Rising @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope @Bimby2 @Former-Member @TAB @soul

Also nice to help a fellow sufferer in need too. @outlander 

If I've forgotten anyone, please forgive me.

I received a call from a friend who wants me to help start his business. I haven't worked since 2014 so it's challenging me to my core. A panic attack or two later I had to send him an email and ask for things to slow down.

It's in the 'helping' profession yet again. But this time as a personal assistant. More to my liking and (admin) skill base.

I don't know if I'm capable as I was medically retired due to in-house bullying by colleagues and managers. But it's only a couple of days per week and the money won't go astray.

Although I'm not on the books yet, I sent my first work related email this morning. So, being employed again might not be too bad if I take things slowly.

I'm glad I have this site to vent my thoughts.

Thanks for reading...

Hope x Heart

wow @Hope4me that sounds really positive - yes a little scary but your friend must have complete confidence in you to offer you the work - awesome by bug buddy - very pleased for you Heart

@Hope4me that sounds really positive , sending you some hugsHeartHeart

Very promising @Hope4me - hope it's a good fit for you. All the best.

Accepting all your comments and hugs with pleasure...thankyou

@Zoe7 @Shaz51 @soul 

Kindness comes from the most unexpected corners doesn't it? It makes me happy to read your words.

Hope x Heart

Happy is what we strive for @Hope4me - too hard to find most days - so we take it where we find it hey Heart

I can't wait to hear more about it all from you @Hope4me Smiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance